Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to get a lot of static while using my radio. Is there anything that can be done? Can something be added to strengthen the reception?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Is the reception exceptionally poor, compared to what you are used to in your area? If so, you could have a loose antenna connection...

If you are just in a weak signal area, your could try this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mB8nV8cT2kc/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=12044UA60&s=0

I have no experience with this product so can't tell you anything else....

Good luck,
SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same problem and so is with my cousin.

I replaced the mast on the antenna thinking that would solve it, but it didn't. I found out that having no antenna mast did not produce noticeable signal loss. I still get the static, but it didn't increase. Does this mean I could just plug the base for the mast and I won't have to worry about the antenna when I go to a car wash?

I decided to check the antenna connection into the radio. Thanks for the pics in the gallery, I was able to remove the radio without a sweat... less the scratches I made. The antenna connection was loose so I just turned and pushed it in to tighten and there it was... no more static.

If you want to check the antenna to radio connection, be very careful. Being a novice at mods, I scratched the panel. I would like to learn the techniques on how to remove panels without scratching them and how to fix the scratch because I'll be making more, of course.

BTW, the antenna mast replacement that I got looks cool (in my opinion). It is amplified (so it states on the package), 17 inches in length and about a foot if retracted, and black in color. It is made by Rally under the name of Sound FX, item #19630, available at Pep Boys for $13.99. It has an adapter that fits the Ody. The screw is the same length as the stock antenna mast. Very easy to install (less than 5 minutes).

Note: Being that this is my first post, I'd like to indicate that I am in no way dishing out the S2000 antenna mast, but I thought this is another alternative.

Good luck!

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malakilaki:
Being a novice at mods, I scratched the panel. I would like to learn the techniques on how to remove panels without scratching them and how to fix the scratch because I'll be making more, of course.

</font>
If you have slim fingers (like me) try pulling the panel like in this picture: http://nemogira.com/odyssey/panel.jpg

Also, replacement center panels only cost $20-30.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got anxious to check on the antenna to radio connection that I neglected to search for tips on removing the center dash panel.

I used the screwdriver technique instead of the finger technique so I got screwed... oops, did that come across as a connotation?

The scratch I made was not on the black center dash panel. It was on the part where the panel is attached onto. I don't know the part name, but it's that gray part below the center dash panel when it is installed. The scratch was made when I inserted the screwdriver and lifted the panel out.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts