Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The rear camera visibility on the Navigation screen is of very less clarity. Especially when it is bright outside, i cannot see anything.During normal times too the visibility on screen is darker . I tried to adjust the brightness / contrast settings but nothing is working out. I tried changing the 'Auto Adjust' setting from Auto/Day/Night to Auto too. Any recommendations or solutions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a common complaint on this van. The lens on the back of the van is particularly prone to getting dirty, try to keep it clean. I took some lens restoration kit rubbing compound to it, and that helped a bit.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Tom, my 2010 camera only works decently on cloudy days, and at night. Can you imagine a camera that works better at night than in the daytime, well Honda designed one. Kind of like a 'miracle'.

Also, you can clean and polish your lens till the cows come home, but it won't improve the camera. I once tried sunglasses on the lens (not kidding), but that didn't work either.

Honda, you should be ashamed!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
One time I cleaned the lens really thoroughly, but I couldn't tell if the image got better. Could it be the low quality display? At least the resolution is obviously lower than my MB C-class, let alone brightness and contrast.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a common complaint on this van. The lens on the back of the van is particularly prone to getting dirty, try to keep it clean. I took some lens restoration kit rubbing compound to it, and that helped a bit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
CCD cameras go bad over time particularly if exposed to direct sunlight.
I think you could replace the camera and hook an aftermarket unit to the wiring to the nav screen, (just the video + and -)leaving the factory camera in the rear door ziptied somewhere.
I suppose you would have to find a camera with similar native resolution. There was a thread on this recently.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, this is just a common complaint... the camera definitely works better at night than during the day. I guess I rather have it this way than the other way around, though. I don't think there's much you can do about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts