Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, please check this video I uploaded to youtube:

At about 5 sec, there's a sharp, spring-like, popping noise when the steering wheel is turning. This doesn't happen all the time; it happens intermittently. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce it when I visited the dealer.
This is a brand new 2016 Odyssey SE I just purchased this week, so far I've driven only 200 miles.

Does anyone know about this issue? What might be the cause of this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
John, how on earth did you find that needle in such a big haystack?

I may just buy a newer Odyssey instead of a car, knowing that you and others with this clutch information are on the forums.

OF

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
John, how on earth did you find that needle in such a big haystack?

I may just buy a newer Odyssey instead of a car, knowing that you and others with this clutch information are on the forums.

OF
Disclosure: I saw it posted once before on here. Someone actually posted a short video of the problem a while back and somebody else chimed in about the TSB. It's in the list of TSB's for the 2016 Ody in the stickies, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John, thank you very much for the TSB. I guess this is a well-known issue with the 2015-2016 Odyssey. Anyway, I'll be taking it in next week for repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the dealer. I showed them the video and the service bulletin. They STILL insisted to hear it in person, and again, we couldn't re-produce the sound. What can I do now? I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Most dealers require they be able to reproduce it. Maybe try another dealer and see if you can reproduce it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. I showed them the video and the service bulletin. They STILL insisted to hear it in person, and again, we couldn't re-produce the sound. What can I do now? I'm very disappointed.
Hi,

Were you ever able to get this issue fixed from the dealer? I have the same issue with my honda odyssey and unable to reproduce it when driving with the technician.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer never fixed it for me. I went on driving with the clicking noise and after several thousand miles in, the clicking noise never appeared again. Please keep me posted if you find the root cause. Thanks!

Hi,

Were you ever able to get this issue fixed from the dealer? I have the same issue with my honda odyssey and unable to reproduce it when driving with the technician.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
handyeng
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing