Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a subject before but I wanted to ask this question....has anyone seen the Taffeta white in person!! It's the only color both my husband and I agree on, so I guess that's the color. Does anyone else share the same opinion...it's classy!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mikendana:
I know this has been a subject before but I wanted to ask this question....has anyone seen the Taffeta white in person!! It's the only color both my husband and I agree on, so I guess that's the color. Does anyone else share the same opinion...it's classy!!</font>
http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000293.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know this has been a subject before but I wanted to ask this question....has anyone seen the Taffeta white in person!! It's the only color both my husband and I agree on, so I guess that's the color. Does anyone else share the same opinion...it's classy!!</font>
I own a '00 LX in TW and love it! I agree that it is the classiest of all the colors. We like it so much that we're getting a TW '02 EXL-RES that's being built next week. Here are the selling points for TW: It "hides" dirt better than any color except maybe SS. I agree that the darker colors are beautiful but having owned a dark car, it's only beautiful for about an hour after you wash/wax it. They show dirt very quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We also like the TW, although we are told that "white" is not a color. One dealer told us to pick another color because the sales manager won't order white after one sat on his lot for almost two weeks. Another dealer offered us a white one with a two month wait. That sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry, can't say I like the white on the Odyssey. Why, because white doesn't look good on large vehicles,it makes the Odyssey look like a utility van or a bread van as my wife and I like to call it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very interesting opinions. I've always liked white, even on SUV's. Don't know why. A bread machine, huh!! That's a new one. I do have to say, the Redrock Pearl and SS are nice colors too, though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Got the white to stay cool. Had other dark colored vans and had to pre-start with full AC for 10 minutes in the summer to even get into the thing. White does better at staying cool.
It also allows for great creativity on custom paint designs.

Fred

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've had the White RES for about a week now and love it! The fern interior is quite stunning - hard to describe,blue-gray-hint-of-green.

We had to wait a long time- apparently they don't make many TW's. Funny - we originally ordered a RRP RES before the names had come out- heard a rumor about the "leather and dvd in red! wow!" last July and placed an order with an amused dealer - it didn't officially exist yet! Well, it arrived in early October and, well, I was ok with the red but let down, and it was way too dark for my wife. So, we turned it down and placed a new order for the white. I'm glad we waited. To each their own.

And, amazingly, it does hide dirt rather well..

Tom A.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You had to wait a long time, huh? Well, we are ordering on Friday and we need it by last week of july for a long road trip with my parents. Think I'll get it by then????

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
...Well, we are ordering on Friday and we need it by last week of july for a long road trip with my parents. Think I'll get it by then????</font>
That's entirely dependent on the situation at your particular dealer; his allocation from Honda, pending orders from his customers, and cancellations.

There is no general answer to your question.

------------------
Regards,

Maugham
_ _ ____________________ _ _

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L (It's RP, not "RRP") ;)
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces
Rockport MW351 Brown Boots (for winter) and '00 Brown Laces

1 - 11 of 11 Posts