Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a piece of tire on road the other day. I checked under van later in day and noticed that part of the plate that protects parts of engine etc may have been torn apart. I was wondering if someone with a 2020 ody could compare the same area and let me know how big of a gaping hole this may be? See pic below! I didn’t notice any spills, leaks or other damage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that splash shield supposed to cover the entire under part of that area or just half?

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
If it's not made flatter and smoother again, the rough edge could create wind noise under the van at freeway speed.

·
Registered
963 Posts
It’s just a thin piece of metal, just bend it back to best you can. Don’t spend anything on buying a new one or getting dealer to fix it. Take at look at mine from 2018 Touring, it doesn’t cover the whole thing. Looks like it’s only covering part of the engine. Minor damage to a non critical part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s just a think piece of metal, just bend it back to best you can. Don’t spend anything on buying a new one or getting dealer to fix it. Take at look at mine from 2018 Touring, it doesn’t cover the whole thing. Looks like it’s only covering part of the engine. Minor damage to a non critical part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is very helpful! Thanks a ton for taking that pic!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Makes the air flow smooooooth .... like all of us operators on Odyclub. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

OF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts