Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always noticed that the 2001 Civic steering wheel is really similar to the 2002 Odyssey wheel. Now let's say for a moment that they are swappable - problem is there isn't a leather wrapped steering wheel available for Civics. That's until I saw the pics of the 2003 Civic Hybrid which does have a leather wrapped steering wheel. According to hondanews.com the 2003 Civic Hybrid will go on sale nationwide in spring of 2002. So there may be a way to get a leather steering (not perforated) on the 2002s.

Here's a pic of the wheel:
http://osx.wieck.com/pv/WKA/2001/10/26/WKA2001102645536_pv.jpg

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nestor,

Wow, thanks for sharing the info with us! That's exactly what I am looking for!!

BTW, do you or anyone ever think about the three spoke S2000 steering wheel? Of course, that would need to swap the air bag, too.

Sid

·
Registered
128 Posts
The leather steering wheel issue has been thoroughly covered in other threads. Try searching for it on the site. The service department near me put on an Accord steering wheel already pre-wrapped in leather as part of a warranty fix.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfearing:
The leather steering wheel issue has been thoroughly covered in other threads. Try searching for it on the site. The service department near me put on an Accord steering wheel already pre-wrapped in leather as part of a warranty fix.</font>
What's the year of your Odyssey? I know certain Accord steering wheels fit the 99-01 Odys - but not 2002s. Am I missing something?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sfearing:
The leather steering wheel issue has been thoroughly covered in other threads. Try searching for it on the site. The service department near me put on an Accord steering wheel already pre-wrapped in leather as part of a warranty fix.</font>
I believe those were discussions regarding direct swaps for pre-2002 Ody with TL/CL, Accord EXL, and MDX. Nestor just showed us, 2002 owners, a possible direct swap information. I don't think it was covered in previous discussions. In addition, was there any discussion regarding swapping with a 3-spoke S2000 steering wheel?

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
In addition, was there any discussion regarding swapping with a 3-spoke S2000 steering wheel?</font>
Hmm...my guess is you probably could. Since you won't have to worry about the Ody's airbag fitting the wheel since you will have a totally different s2000 bag/wheel combo.

But my real concern is the airbag connection. 1) Is it compatible with the Odyssey's harness? 2) Are there any side effects of having a sport-car's airbag connected to a minivan's SRS system? They may or may not conflict with each other. I don't know?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay, just to make sure this horse is truly dead... does anyone know of a leather wheel that can be swapped out for my 03 EX-L wheel? I have read the threads, and can't seem to get a clear idea. Is the 03 leather wrap from Honda different/better than the 02 wrap? I really like the look of the factory wrap on the Honda accessorie website. Is it as good as it looks? Anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
flyr767 said:
Okay, just to make sure this horse is truly dead... does anyone know of a leather wheel that can be swapped out for my 03 EX-L wheel? I have read the threads, and can't seem to get a clear idea. Is the 03 leather wrap from Honda different/better than the 02 wrap? I really like the look of the factory wrap on the Honda accessorie website. Is it as good as it looks? Anyone? Thanks.
There is no "factory leather wrap" for the 03's. the only way is to get the canadian acura EL steering wheel. That is the only one that fits the 03, and is leather wrapped from the factory.

·
Registered
365 Posts
nemogira said:
That's until I saw the pics of the 2003 Civic Hybrid which does have a leather wrapped steering wheel.
It does not have a factory leather wrapped wheel. I wish it did. I would already have one on my 03. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts