Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
Trying to decide what to do with the 04, 175k oddy, trans is spent.
Its an EX-L Res, tires (cooper cs4) and brakes done about 3k miles ago, uses just under a qt every 7000mi. Has honda hitch.
All services done, coming up on another T-Belt and pump.

Its in Philly area, any interest in parts please PM me in the next few days.
(wife's pushin for a replacement.....)

Odyban

·
Registered
447 Posts
A few other ideas
There's lot of ads on Craigslist (here anyway) of people wanting to buy your Oddy, running or not.
Depending on what tax bracket you'r in, it can be a good write-off to donate it. Lots of chairity ads in newspaper also saying, running or not, they will tow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank yeoldeoddy,
The craigslist guys are an option, but I'm guessin they will offer close to scrap. (I can scrap it myself...after selling some of the parts...if I can)
For the Donation, having to wait to be told the auction price has me a bit worried. I'd be handing it over not knowing what the value will be. It could come back worth little to nothing after the write off.
Both good suggestions though ,thanks for helping me work through the multiple permutations of what to do with this van.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Gads, what kind of shape is the body in? Out here in the PNW (where cars don't rust, unless within a mile of the coast), with a fresh tranny, that's still an $8K vehicle easily!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts