1. Check behind the spare tire, where the door cables come through the side. Those sometimes leak and can even lead to some electrical issues if the connector gets wet. There is a TSB for that.My 07 has 298,000. Bought in 2008 with 59,000 miles on it. Engine-wise, it has been very good. Several years ago, a spark plug blew out, taking part of the coil with it for that cylinder. Dealership was able to ream the hole out and insert a sleeve. Surprisingly inexpensive repair for the situation. Around 150,000 I had transmission fluid completely replaced. Seems like tires don't last that long given the high mileage we drive.
At this point, I have a small issue list - not unexpected for the mileage. I have never had a vehicle last this well for this long.
1. Small water leak into the well at the rear of the van. Replaced weather seal around rear door. Still leaking. Not a lot, but enough.
2. Driver's side sliding door screeches and grinds, and randomly will get part of the way shut, make a bang sound, and open back up. Some times takes 10 attempts to shut. Happens much more often when it is cold. This door has been used 4 or 5 times more often than passenger sliding door.
3. A/C will never go into recirculate mode. Light comes on, but it only blows normal speed, never the faster speed. This is a BIG deal as my wife's internal thermostat has been stuck shut for years. LOL.
4. Front seat heaters work when they feel like it - you just never know. LOL.
5. Probably the most painful problem is oil consumption. It was leaking pretty good around oil pump onto the driveway. Replaced pump and seal. Not leaking on the ground now but oil consumption didn't change a noticeable amount, probably uses a quart every 400 miles. Dealership said valve cover gaskets need replaced. When sitting in traffic or at a stop light or drive through, you can smell oil smoke via the air vents. Didn't have the cash then or since to get it fixed. I just buy oil in 5 quart jugs and keep one in the rear.
I would not hesitate to get in it and drive 500 miles one way on a trip. January 2019 I got a new company van (Ford Transit Connect). Even brand new, my Ody drove better. Not a slam on Ford. The Ody is just that good.