Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of ODYS with 20" wheels on this forum. I, myself, don't have one yet but planning on it and am looking for some inspiration. So if you have 'em, post some pictures, what type of rims and tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Many members here have done the same Camaro wheels mod on their 2011+ Odyssey, same for myself. Inspired by Mizan and gtung99's posts, after doing a lot of research here and there on Camaro forums, finally done with my setup. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and like to share with anyone that are looking for more info.

After the swap, overall ride quality is as good as OEM. With my setup, there has been minor rubbing noticed on front wheels only when turning big in reverse at low speed. Else everything is good, even the van is fully loaded on highway.

Wheels - Camaro 20'' SS Rims (RS Package) Mid Night Silver Color 20x8 Front and 20x9 Rear
Tires - General G-Max AS-03 All Season Tires 255/45/20 All Around

I bought 67mm to 64.1mm hub-centric rings. TPMS sensors were transferred from the OEM wheels as well. Lug nuts I used Honda OEM ones, I don't have any issues with them but some members here bought new ones. A friendly reminder for those that are thinking of getting new lug nuts is the pitch size is actually M14 x 1.5, not typical Honda M12 x 1.5. Center caps I used OEM camaro ones, took off the Chevrolet chrome metal covers and put Honda aluminum stickers on top. If anyone interested to get the same type of stickers I have, please send me a message as I have a few spare ones around.
1.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice and rare color of your odyssey touringelite, I also liked the fog lights and bull bars installed for the peace of mind. Congrats once again!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice and clean looking ODYs!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow - Looks really nice. No rubbing with the 9.5? Please post more pics.
I do not rub because of the 9.5, but I do rub occasionally because of my height. The rubbing is in the front with the tires and the fender lining going over a steep dip or turns with a sudden dip. Also my rear fenders is rolled so no rubbing there. I also have to crawl over speed bumps and up/down driveways but not complaining, it's part of the territory. I was on H&R springs before with same wheels and tires and did not rubbing at all. The H&R springs wasn't low enough for me though and Megan came out with coil-overs about a month ago for the 3rd gen ody, I jumped right on it. I will post more pics soon...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another Ody on Camaro 20s

Not normally a fan of chrome rims, but picked this set of square 20x8 replicas on eBay for a good price ($500 shipped) - was going to dip them anthracite, but i'm kinda digging the look for now IMG_1558.jpg IMG_1559.jpg IMG_1560.jpg IMG_1561.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bandwagon, what tire brand and sizes did you go with? How is the ride? Picking up a 14 touring next month and can get some black replicas on ebay for 657.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yogi - i went with Continental DWS 255 45 20 from Discount Tire on eBay for just over $900 for the set. I have the DWS on my BMW and they've been a nice tire.

The ride is great - i was expecting it to be a little worse than the stock 18's, but it almost seems to ride better. I'm pretty sure that my wife would have let me know if there was a problem. They do seem to rub a little when turning sharply backing up, but i think it's just against the plastic inner fenderwell - i need to double sheck for sure.

$657 is a decent price - i got mine for $500 shipped, as a square (20x8 for all four) replica (KMC) setup. They were listed as scratch and dent with barely noticable cardboard rash (it's only a matter of time before they get kerbed anyway), so i made a low offer. You have some time, so you might also check around craigslist.

Pick up a set of hub centric spacers - they're cheap enough that it's not worth skimping on - and some new lugnuts. I also bought a new set of TPMS sensors instead of swapping from the OEM's - just be careful if you get the sensors on ebay though, since most of the sellers dont include the nut and washer (an extra $13 or so at the dealer).

by the way, if anyone's interested, i have my OEM set of '14 touring elite 18's for sale

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the info bandwagon - great detail. I may wait till spring before I install so that will give me some time to shop.

·
Registered
450 Posts

5 years later and almost 100K later... still going strong:coolio:

I'm ready to swap wheels and do an air runner suspension now...;)

1 - 20 of 537 Posts
About this Discussion
536 Replies
153 Participants
pilch
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing