Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
For those that are running 20' mid-night silver color Camaro SS wheels, becareful as these wheels will flask. This has to do with where I live and with the salt & snow condition in Toronto, this is inevitiable if you do not have another set of wheels for winter.

This is my first winter with this wheel setup and already have several flakes sizing at least 1 inch diameter in sizes. Happen to be more at the joints where the spokes meet the wheel.

Will get the wheels powder coated / painted later on, but just want to remind everyone else that are running similar setup in cold winter zones. Kinda disappointed of these wheels quality made by GM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Freddie, van looks great. How are the springs and the air lift when fully loaded? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just took a 1600 mile road trip with 4 people, third row folded down and filled to the max with luggage and gear. Probably close to an extra 500lbs + passengers. I had the air lift springs pumped up to 28 psi and it brought the rear up back to the h&r springs original lowered height. The ride was smooth and never bottomed out. I averaged 24 mpg throughout the trip. The TSW Panoramas and michellin tires are actually 4 lbs lighter each compared to the stock ex-ll wheels and tires. No rubbing at all front or rear. The rear camber curve is pretty steep once the tires get close to the rear fender. They tuck in perfectly and have a few mm to spare. Note: the air springs started to squeak prior to the trip when inflated above 20 psi...I eliminated it by rubbing hondas shin etsu grease all over the air springs and then wiped it all off only leaving a very very thin film on them. After the trip, I verified that no excess road grime stuck to the grease and they were completly dirt and grime free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just took a 1600 mile road trip with 4 people, third row folded down and filled to the max with luggage and gear. Probably close to an extra 500lbs + passengers. I had the air lift springs pumped up to 28 psi and it brought the rear up back to the h&r springs original lowered height. The ride was smooth and never bottomed out. I averaged 24 mpg throughout the trip. The TSW Panoramas and michellin tires are actually 4 lbs lighter each compared to the stock ex-ll wheels and tires. No rubbing at all front or rear. The rear camber curve is pretty steep once the tires get close to the rear fender. They tuck in perfectly and have a few mm to spare. Note: the air springs started to squeak prior to the trip when inflated above 20 psi...I eliminated it by rubbing hondas shin etsu grease all over the air springs and then wiped it all off only leaving a very very thin film on them. After the trip, I verified that no excess road grime stuck to the grease and they were completly dirt and grime free.
Freddie,

When you lowered your van, did you get adjustable rear control arms to fix the camber issue? Just curious because if you didn't correct, that might actually be helping you tuck in the rear. Thoughts?

prestinb (Brandon)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Freddie - How did you pump psi for the airlifts? Any pics how & where you ran the airlift airfill lines? Thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Brandon, no I don't have the rear adjustable camber kit but will eventually. And yes, it is the negative camber in the rear that is preventing the tires from rubbing. The rear camber is currently at -2.2 degrees. Although far from factory specs, I have the rear toe set to 2mm toe in. Knowing from experience, this will help somewhat reduce the inner tire wear from the excessive negative camber. It is excessive "toe out" and negative camber that really accelerates inside tire wear. I will eventually get the camber kit but will have to shave the inside fender lip. This will be my summer project.....but for now, there are no issues.

·
Registered
104 Posts
TouringElite, is your van lowered at all? I love the way yours sits but can't tell if its lowered. I am serously contemplating 20's to fill out the wheel wells and give it that look, but I'm not touching the suspension and don't want a huge wheel gap. Right now I am contemplating between cost/ride comfort of 18's and look/cost of 20's.

I have a '14 modern steel metallic and I am looking at these wheels in either 18" or 20", but I am not sure how the black would look with the grey van. My last car was silver and we had very similar black wheel and it looked good, but maybe the grey would look better with a silver wheel?

·
Registered
108 Posts
TouringElite, is your van lowered at all? I love the way yours sits but can't tell if its lowered. I am serously contemplating 20's to fill out the wheel wells and give it that look, but I'm not touching the suspension and don't want a huge wheel gap. Right now I am contemplating between cost/ride comfort of 18's and look/cost of 20's.

I have a '14 modern steel metallic and I am looking at these wheels in either 18" or 20", but I am not sure how the black would look with the grey van. My last car was silver and we had very similar black wheel and it looked good, but maybe the grey would look better with a silver wheel?

I would love to see those on the Odyssey. Can someone photoshop?

·
Registered
511 Posts
@flipside-sweet looking wheels. Please post another shot if you can. Shadow from image does not do them justice. Thanks.

@leveil22 - Try justforwheels.com or ezaccessory.com.

41 - 60 of 537 Posts
About this Discussion
536 Replies
153 Participants
pilch
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing