Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has first-hand experience with PA Farenheit or Power Acoustik LCD screens. These names have come up on this forum, seems like the quality isn't the same as some of the bigger names.

I would really like to hear from someone who has actually installed this in their van. The price diff.is significant, about 50% of the bigger names like Panasonic or Pioneer.

Thank You

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help and wisdom everyone. Shinjohn, thanks for the tip, I will contact Viskha.
I didn't realize Frys carried those brands. I will definitely check them out. I am trying to decide between 4:3 and 16:9, but leaning toward 16:9 because I don't want to loose the effective viewing area to the black bars. Why is it that 16:9 screens are so much more expensive than 4:3 ? That was the main reason I started looking at 'off'brands.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the last few days, I've had the chance to see the Power Acoustick screen. I can say it looked like complete junk, the flimsy housing was a deep black rubburized finish that wouldn't go well with any of the Ody's interiors. I did go to Fry's to see the Farenheit brand but they didn't have any on display, only in sealed cartons. Made me wonder why they don't want a unit on display. So these two are brands to avoid for sure plus I saw an 7" widescreen emerson at Frys for $349.00. Good price but again very cheap quality, the screen hinge made clunking noises when adjusting angle.
So I am still looking for the right monitor for me, definitely won't get a cheap off-brand. I guess this is an investment that I'll be enjoying for many years.
I am still trying to select the size and brand in '13" flip down LCD' thread. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.