Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 and the doors are causing problems, they have become hard to shut. when they are open and start to close they get to about the 3/4 point and start to shudder and then retract, my wife says it the rubber gasketing around the door but I find it hard to believe that both gaskets have the same problem at the same time, or even that both doors now have the same problem.
When I shut off the power feature the doors are still very hard to close, feels like i am breaking them.
Thnaks

·
Registered
513 Posts
One quick thing you can try: Lube the corner of the middle rail, the part where it turns towards the interior of the van. Just spray some white lithium grease where you see that the wheels roll on.

Nicolas

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Check the lower track, under the floor, this place is easy to forget and if you have kids, you will be amazed what gets in there. Make sure there are no obstructions (toys) in there to stop the door from moving.

·
Registered
606 Posts
nicomtl said:
One quick thing you can try: Lube the corner of the middle rail, the part where it turns towards the interior of the van. Just spray some white lithium grease where you see that the wheels roll on.

Nicolas
I can see lubing the wheels, but the track is going to attract dirt and stuff.

My 06 both sides have a difficult (stiff) handle and make a loud "THUNK/Crack" when you go to pull handle and open from outside, The rest of the operation is flawless, but I was wondering if this loud noise was normal or not. Going to check a neighbor's '06 soon and will test, along with engine front mount question I have before I go out of warranty.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wive's, sheesh

Just now after days of complaining she gives me a white plastic/delrin bushing and tells me this fell off the drivers side sliding door, could this be the problem??? Like DUHHHH, yeah that could just be the problem.
Anyone else have one of the bushings break off? It's no longer one piece and kinda chewed up, can I get just the bushing or do i need to buy a whole roller assembly?
Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
There is one very detailed thread about this, 2005 Sliding Door Roller Replacement.

Not sure it is mentioned in that thread but some, like yours, have plastic bushings that can be replaced. Newer vans have metal bushing that are harder to replace and require swapping the whole roller assembly.

Nicolas

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great, just what I needed. I wonder what happened to the guy who said he was going to spec out the s/s rollers, he never reposted.
Thanks Ira

1 - 9 of 9 Posts