Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my battery died multiple times, I replaced it. After replacing the battery my power doors only beep, do not operate, and my rear power gate does not work. My radio lcd works, but not audio and I get no video on rear screen.

Any suggestions?

I have disconnected the negative battery cable overnight without success.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sounds like you've got a blown fuse or two. Check the fuse boxes to see which ones are blown and replace them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dice on the fuses. They all look good. Just to make sure I pulled a known good fuse and swapped them.

Anyone else have anything?

I'm really hoping this isn't going to get expensive.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Did you check both fuse boxes? There is one under the dash and one under the hood. Also check the larger fusible links under the hood. All of the circuits you have out sound like they might be on the same circuit so I would still lean toward a fuse being out somewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe after a battery disconnection you would need to enter security codes to get your audio and navigation stuff working again. And on the power operated doors there are steps you have to take outlined in the owner's manual, if I remember correctly it involves pushing and holding the power door open button until the door is worked one full cycle and then they take over their regular operation again after that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuses are ok, I entered the codes 7 times during resets (disconnecting negative battery cable), and my navigation and backup camera work fine. the radio display comes on and it appears to be working fine, but no audio and video on dvd screen.

Called Honda dealer and they think they need to reprogram my computer.

I had Autozone replace the battery and they think they screwed something up.

Not sure where to go from here, guess I'll just shell out the cash to Honda and hope for the best.

Any other suggestions would be helpful, but thanks for the replys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts