Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i get it theres no.auto power fold but can I at least have the button to work once I press ignition button off? So many times I switched off the engine only realize that I need to fold the mirror still!!

Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
Lol. Elite problems. 馃ぃ

Registered
Ok i get it theres no.auto power fold but can I at least have the button to work once I press ignition button off? So many times I switched off the engine only realize that I need to fold the mirror still!!
It's another one of those Honduh moments where they went half-way. If you have a Touring in Canada, Which to us is both Touring and Elite you have the power fold mirrors. Remember before shutting off the ODY to press the mirror fold, and after you shut-off the ODY, press the mirror fold button again. This way when you get into your ODY it will unfold the mirrors when you start your ODY.

IMHO Honduh should have made the windows be powered with ignition off as well as the mirror, however have a kill switch for the windows and the mirrors on the driver's door or dash. They seem to have it for so many other things in the ODY. :confused:

Registered
I completely agree. If anyone knows of a work around I would love to hear it.

I also wish the driver still had control of the windows even after the lockout button has been pushed. It鈥檚 annoying when we have to tell our son to stop holding the button so we can roll the window up and lock him out before he pushes the button again. Dealing with that kind of scenario is far more destructing than having the ability to lock them out then roll it up without their button input effecting ours.

Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
It's unfortunate I know. Just another thing to add to the in flight check before preparing to land ... having to push the dumb "Start Stop," button to turn that off is annoying in itself lol. We have to just treat it like a cockpit.

Lol. Elite problems. 馃ぃ
Indeed. First world issues... lol

It's another one of those Honduh moments where they went half-way. If you have a Touring in Canada, Which to us is both Touring and Elite you have the power fold mirrors. Remember before shutting off the ODY to press the mirror fold, and after you shut-off the ODY, press the mirror fold button again. This way when you get into your ODY it will unfold the mirrors when you start your ODY.

IMHO Honduh should have made the windows be powered with ignition off as well as the mirror, however have a kill switch for the windows and the mirrors on the driver's door or dash. They seem to have it for so many other things in the ODY. :confused:
Couldn't agree more. Some of the decisions are just out of this world. I mean seriously it's nothing short of being trolled on purpose. There is no other explanation.

They really need a name change: Honduh 100%

I completely agree. If anyone knows of a work around I would love to hear it.

I also wish the driver still had control of the windows even after the lockout button has been pushed. It鈥檚 annoying when we have to tell our son to stop holding the button so we can roll the window up and lock him out before he pushes the button again. Dealing with that kind of scenario is far more destructing than having the ability to lock them out then roll it up without their button input effecting ours.
When I was wiring up the hardwire kit to my dash cam and radar detector, I was testing a lot of the fuse slots etc...

The dash cam hardwire kit has a control box that doesn't allow the yellow wire (always on) to let the battery fall below 11.9v iirc... I wonder if we could tap into the control box such as this to rewire the side mirror line? I don't think it would even need this safe guard as the mirrors wouldn't draw any power unless the button is pushed anyway, but just a thought... or just rewire the mirror and tap it into a constant power fuse slot?

Thinking out loud...

Reactions: caboy808

Registered
It's unfortunate I know. Just another thing to add to the in flight check before preparing to land ... having to push the dumb "Start Stop," button to turn that off is annoying in itself lol. We have to just treat it like a cockpit.

Indeed. First world issues... lol

Couldn't agree more. Some of the decisions are just out of this world. I mean seriously it's nothing short of being trolled on purpose. There is no other explanation.

They really need a name change: Honduh 100%

When I was wiring up the hardwire kit to my dash cam and radar detector, I was testing a lot of the fuse slots etc...

The dash cam hardwire kit has control box that doesn't allow the yellow wire (always on) to let the battery fall below 11.9v iirc... I wonder if we could tap into the control box such as this to rewire the side mirror line? I don't think it would even need this safe guard as the mirrors wouldn't draw any power unless the button is pushed anyway, but just a thought... or just rewire the mirror and tap it into a constant power fuse slot?

Thinking out loud...
Does that mean all these switches are controlling using CANbus?

Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
Does that mean all these switches are controlling using CANbus?
As there are many separate sections of varies fuse boxes, I believe everything is compartmentalized with critical components being on one 'network' etc... I'm not an electronic whiz when it comes to the uber technicalities, but I don't think rewiring the side mirrors would be an impossible task. Perhaps there are some who are knowledgeable in this area could chime in?

I'm trying to see what fuse the side mirrors are tied to... maybe they are connected to the power window fuse?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
As there are many separate sections of varies fuse boxes, I believe everything is compartmentalized with critical components being on one 'network' etc... I'm not an electronic whiz when it comes to the uber technicalities, but I don't think rewiring the side mirrors would be an impossible task. Perhaps there are some who are knowledgeable in this area could chime in?

I'm trying to see what fuse the side mirrors are tied to... maybe they are connected to the power window fuse?
it would be totally awesome to find out and when I installed my dash cam hard wire,.I was looking for.something similiar

Registered
It happens, just turn on the vehicle without cranking the engine and then it works again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts