Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have not been in here for quite some time, but our 97 Ody needs some attention and tlc....still in good shape, but not without minor issues.
Has anyone ever had a problem with a rattling/bogging sound while accelerating? While getting up to speed (slowly, I might add) if I press hard on the gas, there is a rattling sound coming from under the hood...it sounds as if something plastic is loose, like the airbox maybe....although I checked that and everything seems to be ok. The bogging sound happens at the same time, and is as the name implies!
Next....is there ANYTHING fairly inexpensive that can be done to increase the power from this dog of an engine?
Lastly, for now....any type of preventive maintenance that should be done on a 97 Ody with 133k? All help and input is appreciated!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
That rattling sound might be your timing. Does it only occur when the pedal is pressed? If so, it could be that your timing is out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not simply accelerating.....as I am gaining speed from a start, if I press hard on the gas (but not enough to kick down), it makes both the bogging down sound as well as the rattling.....timing belt was changed august 05 @ 91k miles...is the timing still suspect?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts