Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a used Honda Odyssey 2006 EX. The power locks work but only when key ignition switch is on (in the II position). But... when the key ignition is off, the power locks don't work at all.

All the doors actuators work when ignition is on the II position, but dont work at all when ignition is in the off position.

Anyone know what this is all about?

* Note: If you provide the resolution to this power lock issue, I will pay via PayPal $50 for a complete solution to this problem.

you can reach me at (305)707-0377. im joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2007 Ody EXL. Plus at the same time I lost the locks with the ignition off, I lost use of the sliding doors because of lack of power with the ignition on or off. I am trying to figure out if the problems are related..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has your keyfob also stopped working? Power locks not working key-off, power doors not working, and a few other door-related things like the headlight-on chime are the symptoms of fuse 7 ("back up") by the hood release handle being open.
That's the fuse to pull when a power sliding door rear latch goes bad and gives a constant 400mA power drain. (So on a new purchase it reeks of a seller just hoping it's not noticed on the test drive.)

If the fuse is good, then it's likely one of the modules powered by that fuse, and if the fob works that could help narrow it down to a specific module even more, though I can't help with what those are off the top of my head.

I had enough awkwardly-timed latch failures that I have fuse 7 on a toggle switch and flip it off when the Ody will be sitting for weeks or when a dead battery would be catastrophic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just bought a used Honda Odyssey 2006 EX. The power locks work but only when key ignition switch is on (in the II position). But... when the key ignition is off, the power locks don't work at all.

All the doors actuators work when ignition is on the II position, but dont work at all when ignition is in the off position.

Anyone know what this is all about?

* Note: If you provide the resolution to this power lock issue, I will pay via PayPal $50 for a complete solution to this problem.

you can reach me at (305)707-0377. im joe
Did you figure this out?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Did you figure this out?
So, this happens to you too?
This is couple of years old thread so I am guessing you kinda have to start over:
What is your year/trim of your odyssey?
Does it STOP working when you use the lock/unlock button at the driver's side button? (when you turn off the car - but works when you turn ON the car?) What about the button in passenger side? (I believe there is lock/unlock button in passenger side as well - this not so sure, it has been YEARS since I sat on passenger side for longer than 5 min.)
When it does NOT work, does your key fob work?
When it does NOT work, can you use your key in the key hole to unlock the door?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you figure this out?
This is couple of years old thread so I am guessing you kinda have to start over:
Does it STOP working when you use the lock/unlock button at the driver's side button? (when you turn off the car - but works when you turn ON the car?) What about the button in passenger side? (I believe there is lock/unlock button in passenger side as well - this not so sure, it has been YEARS since I sat on passenger side for longer than 5 min.)
So actually I got it to work it was a 7.5 fuse drivers side fuse panel. Maybe the backup fuse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts