Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Honda. I'm really want to like the Odyssey as we came from the SUV world, but wondering if my TE was built on a Friday afternoon. 3 days after taking delivery, the passenger sliding door latch had to be replaced as the door would not close. I joked with the service manager that I hoped this was not a bad sign of things to come. Now, just a little over a month into ownership, the power side mirrors aren't working properly. In reverse, the passenger or driver's side mirror will not drop even when the left or right selector switch is put into the right place. The mirrors also cannot be adjusted using the controls. The odd thing is that the mirrors do work from the memory system when the doors are unlocked using the key fobs or if the buttons are pushed on the driver's door. In addition, the window lock switch pops out of the console and has to be snapped back into place. Going back to the shop tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. In all honesty, I've never had any early problems like this with any of the vehicles that I've owned, and it is a bit disappointing. I even waited for the first model year roll out. As of now, I'm planning on bailing out of this lease as early as possible.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just from reading threads on this board, it certainly seems like the 2012 Odyssey's have more problems than the 2011s including faulty DVD players, sliding door problems and other build issues. You would think they would have ironed out all the problems and issues on the second year of production. The strange thing is that a lot of these issues are new to the 2012's and were not on the 2011s.

I wonder if the earthquake and tsunami forced Honda to rush production and use other suppliers to get the 2012 out to the dealers?

:huh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, it turns out that the switch became unplugged somewhere in the dash. Service advisor's comment, "This is a common problem since it is a mass produced car. We see it all the time." I'm thinking, "Aren't a majority of the cars in the world mass produced, and common problem, really? Shouldn't really be that way."

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
The service advisor was probably just trying to downplay the problem with the mirrors, but you're right - "mass-produced car" and "common problem" are totally not helpful comments.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problems #3 and #4...Went to Chicago this weekend. The DVD player kept spitting out discs 3/4 way into the movie no matter what disc was put in. Took the van to Honda, and they said everything was OK. I said no it wasn't. Brought in Despicable Me and Tinkerbell for them to watch, as well as a brand new wrapped Kung Fu Panda 2. After 5 hours of the tech watching the DVD's, they called and said they were able to replicate. A new DVD player has to be installed next week. So it doesn't end there. We pick up the van today. I start it and the ABS and traction control warning lights would not shut off. The tech parked it outside of the service bay doors, and I drove it right back in...I have Gremlins. Wondering what's going to happen next...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts