Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday, as I was backing up at Lowe's parking lot, I noticed at the corner of eyes that something moved with my driver's side mirror just as I shifted from R to D. So I shifted back to R again and sure enough, my driver's side mirror started to tilt downwards!

I looked down at my power side mirror control and I had it switched to L(eft) so I switched it to R(ight) and sure enough (!), my passenger side mirror started to tilt down when reversing! This was a pleasant surprise! I looked at my new car sticker (where they list all the options and pricing for Manufacturing suggested list price) and there's no mention of this!

Wonder how many of you were aware of this option being included? Personally, I would have preferred power folding mirrors as standard in the EX-L (especially the passenger side) since I can always fold the driver's side easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our salesperson told us when we bought it and showed it to us. It's handy when backing out of the garage on my passenger side. Only one does it at a time, but still nice. I would have liked power folders too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That’s a hidden gem, best part is that you can slide the button to Left or Right during Reverse and it does it on the fly. I use it all the time since I like to park next to the corner slots and back in close to curb to provide space and avoid door dings. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really good to know! I always thought this was a buggy feature --- I didn't realize we needed to slide the mirror switch L/R -- makes sense.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The feature has been on this generation of Odyssey EX-L and up. Honda allows the driver to decide when and which mirror to tilt down while in reverse rather than hijack your upper view from the side mirrors while performing a backing maneuver.

One of the few safety features that works flawlessly and every single time it’s needed without causing alarm or false sense of security.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was testing a 2020 Elite at the dealer the other day and I SWEAR both mirrors tilted down when I selected “R”. I’ll have to ask when I go finalize the deal today, because it could have been just one mirror, but I swear it seemed like they were both automatically tilting down so I could see the lines for the parking spot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, yesterday, as I was backing up at Lowe's parking lot, I noticed at the corner of eyes that something moved with my driver's side mirror just as I shifted from R to D. So I shifted back to R again and sure enough, my driver's side mirror started to tilt downwards!

I looked down at my power side mirror control and I had it switched to L(eft) so I switched it to R(ight) and sure enough (!), my passenger side mirror started to tilt down when reversing! This was a pleasant surprise! I looked at my new car sticker (where they list all the options and pricing for Manufacturing suggested list price) and there's no mention of this!

Wonder how many of you were aware of this option being included? Personally, I would have preferred power folding mirrors as standard in the EX-L (especially the passenger side) since I can always fold the driver's side easily.
Power fold is possible but it involves changing a bunch of stuff like the harnesses on both doors and the mirrors. A few of us did it earlier this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts