Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether this is a always hot outlet? I wanted an always hot outlet but want to avoid a custom mods...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
For '01, and I'm pretty sure other years, the ashtray light is NOT always hot. It's switched just like the standard power outlets, although it is on a different circuit.

The least expensive modification would involve simply running an always hot lead to the center outlet (properly fused, of course). However, this has the disadvantage of eliminating the controlled outlet. This is sometimes nice for particular uses, e.g., my GPS unit will automatically shutdown when connected to external power and the power goes off.

A simpler modification, and not very expensive, involves installing additional outlets under the driver's seat and tapping the power from the power seat circuit(s). See my write-up in DIY Modifications.

Mel

·
Registered
564 Posts
I can only comment on the 2000 MY. The 12V outlet is not always hot there either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Installed ashtray/lighter according to Honda instructions. Only times lighter socket is hot is with motor running or key to 'accessory' position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts