Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Oddy EX-L and the drivers side sliding door makes a clicking sound when it opens or closes. Other than that it operates just fine. It just makes a clicking sound before it starts moving. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? There are no issues when I disable the power doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 2007 just started doing the same thing. it clicks 3-4 times when attempting to open the door with the button on the dash or remote. Opens fine by hand. It seems to move back and forth normally, but whatever mechanism opens the door outward seems to be broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took it to the dealer, and it cost $500 in parts and labor to replace a bad motor in the door. Apparently, it's a known issue that this motor goes bad, and the clicking sound is the symptom. In my case, the car still had some of the warranty left, but my warranty had a full refund if no claims were made, so I paid the $500 out of pocket and got $1250 refunded from the warranty program. otherwise, it would have been covered under Honda Care. check your warranty, it may be covered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a similar problem with mypassenger power sliding door. Turns out the door latch actuatorwas in need of replacement. Also, both center rollers were shot andin desperate need of replacement. Guys, these doors need love bigtime. They must have proper maintenance preformed on them every fiveor six years.

I take my '06 in every three or fouryears to be cleaned, lubed and re-alined. Yes, it is expensive, about$650.00 total for mine (including the new latch actuator and beltdrive system,) plus my Honda garage is 100 mile drive one way.

The center roller's must be replacedevery five or six years. My doors were terribly out of line, causingstress on the whole system. I was going to replace the latch actuatormyself to save some cash, however, along with the part, there is alsoa complex series of belts inside the door that were in need ofreplacement as well.

I have learned over the years that themain complaint/problem with these doors is the LATCHACTUATOR . Itsa small motor located in the front lower portion of the door itself.I understand that the motor that powers the door's movement islocated around the rear quarter panel behind the spare tiresomewhere. I don't know much about the motor, as I have never had toreplace it, due to proper maintenance of all the other components ofthe door. The plan simple truth is we all must put a little moneyin these doors to keep them in tip top working condition. Replaceyour center rollers and keep'em clean and lubed. A little maintenancenow saves a lot of stress and repair cost later.

Ifyour doors will “pop” open and then stop and make a beep beepbeep sound, Latch actuator. If your door's only do it once to everythree or four cycles, Latch actuator. If your doors, while closing,seem to clunk and stop abruptly, and then beep beep beep, again latchactuator. Your Honda dude will know this term!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just had a similar problem with mypassenger power sliding door. Turns out the door latch actuatorwas in need of replacement. Also, both center rollers were shot andin desperate need of replacement. Guys, these doors need love bigtime. They must have proper maintenance preformed on them every fiveor six years.

I take my '06 in every three or fouryears to be cleaned, lubed and re-alined. Yes, it is expensive, about$650.00 total for mine (including the new latch actuator and beltdrive system,) plus my Honda garage is 100 mile drive one way.

The center roller's must be replacedevery five or six years. My doors were terribly out of line, causingstress on the whole system. I was going to replace the latch actuatormyself to save some cash, however, along with the part, there is alsoa complex series of belts inside the door that were in need ofreplacement as well.

I have learned over the years that themain complaint/problem with these doors is the LATCHACTUATOR . Itsa small motor located in the front lower portion of the door itself.I understand that the motor that powers the door's movement islocated around the rear quarter panel behind the spare tiresomewhere. I don't know much about the motor, as I have never had toreplace it, due to proper maintenance of all the other components ofthe door. The plan simple truth is we all must put a little moneyin these doors to keep them in tip top working condition. Replaceyour center rollers and keep'em clean and lubed. A little maintenancenow saves a lot of stress and repair cost later.

Ifyour doors will “pop” open and then stop and make a beep beepbeep sound, Latch actuator. If your door's only do it once to everythree or four cycles, Latch actuator. If your doors, while closing,seem to clunk and stop abruptly, and then beep beep beep, again latchactuator. Your Honda dude will know this term!!
Can someone identify the part number for this latch actuator? I am looking at the door parts on Majestic's site and can not identify it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Oddy EX-L and the drivers side sliding door makes a clicking sound when it opens or closes. Other than that it operates just fine. It just makes a clicking sound before it starts moving. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? There are no issues when I disable the power doors.
I have fixed this problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts