Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with my power sliding doors on my '01 Ody. Does anyone know if I remove the door motor, will it act just like a manual sliding door?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disconnecting and rerouting the fore/aft cables that run from the door motor to the center roller on the respective door that the motor powers, and unplugging the motor effectively reverts the EX power doors to the LX manual doors.

However, if your door is simply making metallic noises, or is shuttering when opening and closing, take a look at the $5 Lowe's guide roller fix posted here in other threads. It made my passenger door work like new and the driver door will be getting the treatment next.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Disconnecting and rerouting the fore/aft cables that run from the door motor to the center roller on the respective door that the motor powers, and unplugging the motor effectively reverts the EX power doors to the LX manual doors.

However, if your door is simply making metallic noises, or is shuttering when opening and closing, take a look at the $5 Lowe's guide roller fix posted here in other threads. It made my passenger door work like new and the driver door will be getting the treatment next.

Thank you for answering the conversion to manual and great tip on the door rollers. If you have an odyssey, learn the roller replacement fix. It is easy and cheap with basic tools. Takes less than 30 minutes, finding the correct parts is the key.

I have replaced multiple rollers on 3 different model odyssey vans, 2000, 2002, 2003. Not a matter of if, but when they will go. It is always the same roller, on the door roller bracket, middle of the door. Youtube has a video on how to do it, but adds too many steps.

1. take out rear tail light, 2 screws hidden under cover, pop out with screw driver from front edge, let dangle.
2. long trim panel, 2 screws/nuts under tail light now exposed. 1 nut on front of panel, viewed from inside the door, looking to the rear. slide panel to rear of vehicle and pull outward.
3. hold door up with a jack.
4. Detach roller bracket, 2 nuts. you will see the bad roller.
5. Getting the clip off that holds the old roller on is the hardest part of the job.
6. You might need to grind down the new PLASTIC SPACER you purchased, might be too thick.
7. reassemble in reverse order. Piece of cake.

Do not need to take apart any interior parts. It is NOT needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts