Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this before where the power sliding door does not close the first time?

I've run into many situations where it would take me 3 or 4 attempts before the door finally closes. What I typically run into is as the sliding door is just about to close, the door starts to beep as if something is in the way and then retracts and opens. After confirming that there's nothing obstructing the rail or path, I would often try to close it again using the remote or the switch on the door and at times would take 2 or 3 tries before it shuts close. It has gotten annoying at times especially if you're in a hurry that I found gently guiding and pushing the rear end of the sliding door just before it's about to close as a way to get around the issue. I've taken it to the dealer and of course since it's intermittent, they could not reproduce the issue on site. All the technician said is that they made some adjustments to line up the door better...whatever that is I don't know.

Interestingly enough when I got home that day from the dealer, it started happening again. Our driveway is not on an incline so I can't see that being the issue. Since being back from the dealer it (about a week ago now), it probably has happened twice again.

The fact that the issue seemed to have died down since bringing the car in for service, I've decided to just monitor it for now. I just don't like the fact that I know there is possibly something wrong with the sliding door mechanism especially since the car is brand new and not even 2 weeks old.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
RH sliding door

I too have experienced an intermittent problem. The RH sometimes fails to
fully close and the door buzzer sounds when I shift to drive. Two or three
recycling and everything is OK. Occasionally I cant get it to unlock.
Eric

·
Registered
739 Posts
Happened to my 08 Ody, dealer had to adjust the door as it was activating the anti guillotine feature upon closing. One way to test this is to open the front door and see if it closes the first time without reversing, if it does, then it just needs minor adjustments.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been happening a lot on our 08 Ody. Only in our case if we disengage the power close with the dash switch. The door will stop like a brake is on it while we try to manually close it. Only way to get past that is to turn the power back on. Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts