Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my '02 GG EXL last Wednesday and I am stoked! What a great van! Before I got it, I've been regularly visiting this site to see what owners have been dealing with and what to expect. Loose brake pedal (lateral play) and interior rattles in the back I've noticed on my van also. No worries since I expected it.

My question is with the power sliding doors. Has anyone noticed that when you pull the passenger side handle to open it, it doesn't have to be a full pull? Meaning you can barly pull the handle, about half way before mechanically releasing the latch, the motors will automatically unlatch the door. However, for the driver side, this isn't the case. For the driver side, you have to pull the handle all the way so that you mechanically pop the latch. Just wondering if this is normal or if I have a defect of some sort. Can someone try this? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Never thought I could get so excited over a minivan!

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vquan:
Can someone try this?

</font>
You owe me a drink
I just tried it for you and came back from the parking lot... Both sides work the same-- I need to pull the handles almost all the way to open the doors.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
You owe me a drink
I just tried it for you and came back from the parking lot... Both sides work the same-- I need to pull the handles almost all the way to open the doors.
</font>
Are you absolutely sure? On mine, for the passenger side, I only need to pull it like half an inch, just before I feel the cable pull the latch. Maybe I got lucky with this feature. Thanks for checking.

------------------
Never thought I could get so excited over a minivan!

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vquan:
Are you absolutely sure? On mine, for the passenger side, I only need to pull it like half an inch, just before I feel the cable pull the latch. Maybe I got lucky with this feature. Thanks for checking.

</font>
Yes, I am absolutely sure-- I need to pull both handles for more than an inch to feel the cable "clicks." However, I don't need to pull the handles too much (like less than an inch) to activate the automatic close.

Sid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts