Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Power sliding door roller costs

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  hgwarkentin 
#1 ·
I replaced my upper roller that had flatspotted from seizing. When opening the door I see that my center roller isn't spinning.

The OEM part bracket and upper roller cost $16
Honda Part No.: 72550-TK8-A01
Roller Assy., L. Slide Door (Upper)

But the center L roller is $235 ??
Honda Part No.: 72561-TK8-A11
Male Assy., L. Slide Door Center Roller

They are similar in size. I could see the center cost being double but it is over 14x more expensive...

Any tips here?
Take it off and soak it in wd40?
Any way to just replace the roller.?

#2 ·
If this only happens after you replaced the top roller, may be it is just a matter of adjusting the center roller? The position of the door can shift slightly whenever you loosen one of the rollers. If the rollers are not square with the track they would not spin freely.

#3 ·
When closed the door panel lines up well with the body.
If I adjust what am I aiming for?

At the moment the upper roller seems to have outward tension when the door is moving
(Top of door wants to fall out)

Should I try and pull the center in?

#4 ·
But the center L roller is $235 ??
Honda Part No.: 72561-TK8-A11
Male Assy., L. Slide Door Center Roller
Check here for other options. Some claim to be OEM, but I'd be wary. At least with the obvious after-market parts (e.g. Brock) you know the vendor isn't lying.

#5 ·
I just bought the Center roller today and the reason for the $270 price is that the box contains a printed circuit board that “must be replaced with the roller “ How does that make sense. Supposed to pull out the door motor, turn it over to get at the control board. What kind of BS is that.

#11 ·
I'm also looking to replace my center roller for the sliding door and was shocked by the price on the unit: it is currently listed at $322.58 each!!!

If you read one of the images with install instructions posted earlier you will find:

CAUTION: Installation of this new stainless steel Male Center Roller without the updated Power Sliding Door Control Unit (PCB) can result in incorrect door operation. A power sliding door that does not work correctly can injure a user. Always install the Male Center Roller and the PCB as a set.

The only sense this would make if the new roller has different friction properties that would affect the speed of the door operation and anti-pinching features. Very weird indeed.

I was going to DIY new roller set but the price and PCB install part are giving me reasons to try to use Honda Care for that...

#12 ·
So the slider got backed into in a parking lot. Since I had the part the body shop put it in with the new door. Apparently 6 extra hours to open the inside of the vehicle up to put in the board. With the ok from the dealer, they pulled and clamped enough slack in the cable to change the roller. It worked and now I have an extra circuit board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.