Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Power sliding door stop working on 2007 ody

161729 Views 61 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  hpark21
We are having issue with passenger side sliding door issue since yesterday. Door suddenly stop working and does not operate autometically by remote or dashboard switch. i have to open it manually. I don't hear any beep upon pressing buttons also there is no fault light indication on dashboard.

Our oddy is only 2 months old. I will try reseting Fuse today but certain this kind of issue is unacceptable for such a new and costly vehicle.

Anyone else run in this issue before?? i have not found any complain/post for complete power sliding door failure for 2005+ models so, decided to create new thread..
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pappy said:
Make sure the slide switch above the sliding door rocker switches on the dash is in the positon showing a red circle.
Power door Switch is on. My Driver side sliding door works fine. Now, I also tried removing both fuses (one under the hood in main fuse box) and other (passenger side - under the dashboard). But no luck. Door still doesn't work.. Looks like i have to bring my van back to dealer tomorrow.

· Registered
1,209 Posts
Fuses are usually shared. Are there any other features in the salon that stopped working - like overhead reading lights, power windows, power seat, etc ?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Power Sliding Door - Reset Procedure for 05+ oddy

Hi guys,
I have manage to succesfully resetting my PSDs on new Oddy myself using old "Reset PSD - fuse remoal" procedure listed on this forum for pervious version of oddy. Only changes in new oddy is fuse locations are different and there are multiple fuses you need to remove to reset the logic circuit. Looks like Honda still using same firmware for Power sliding door operation and it is still possiblity to get occational glitches.

PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).
* Driver side fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Passenger side Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Instrument pannel)
* Primary under the hood Fuse box (Fuse no. 7 (7.5A) - Back up)
* Primary under the hood fuse box (Fuse no. 15 (40A) - Back up, Acc)

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(3) Manually open the sliding doors fully. (Both)

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(5) Turn on the main switch for power sliding doors on the dash board.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

I hope this will help to some other people with similar issue.

Sorry for the late reply guys..

:)

· Registered
86 Posts
Hi guys,
I have manage to succesfully resetting my PSDs on new Oddy myself using old "Reset PSD - fuse remoal" procedure listed on this forum for pervious version of oddy. Only changes in new oddy is fuse locations are different and there are multiple fuses you need to remove to reset the logic circuit. Looks like Honda still using same firmware for Power sliding door operation and it is still possiblity to get occational glitches.

PSD reset procedure:

(1) Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF position. Remove following fuses one by one and leave it out for at least 30 second (I waited for minute).

(2) Install all fuses in to original location. Make sure main switch for doors is in OFF positon and make sure the ignition swithc is in LOCK "0" position.

(4) Turn on the ignition switch to ON "II" position while leaving both doors fully open.

(6) Push and hold close side of the "Master Power door" switch (switch for L & R doors under main power switch on dash board) until door is fully closed. follow the same process for other slide door.

(7) Now you all set. perform the test run to open and close both doors using switch, handle and remote..

You are all Set.... No trip to dealer needed.. If this happen again in short period of time, I will sure bring my car to dealer..

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this post!!! I have had issues with my 06 Odyssey passenger sliding door. This reset procedure helped resolve my issue and save me from sending it to Honda. They were asking for $102 just for a diagnostic.

· Registered
86 Posts
Just wanted to say a big thank you for this post!!! I have had issues with my 06 Odyssey passenger sliding door. This reset procedure helped resolve my issue and save me from sending it to Honda. They were asking for $102 just for a diagnostic.
Crap... Spoke too soon. The fix only lasted a couple of days and I am back to square one again.

Any other suggestions to fix this?

· Registered
86 Posts
there is another post for the latching mechanism on these doors causing similar issue sometimes works most times does not. The post shows the repair procedure and part
Thx. Tried searching but can't find that thread.

The doors work perfectly fine when the car is OFF.

The passenger side door is the one that has an issue only when the car is ON. Driver side works fine when ON or OFF.

So frustrating!

· Registered
47 Posts
You posted this on another thread
"Hi! I'm new to the forum and have a 2006 Touring.

I have an issue with my passenger side sliding door. The door works fine if the car is off.

When the car is on, the door opens halfway, beeps, then closes. I Have to turn off the car to open or close that door. The driver side sliding door work fine (if the car is on or off).

I tried the reset procedure above, but it didn't fix my issue.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?"

When the van is on (running ) and you open the door it opens halfway, beeps then closes. The door has detected an error it has hit something?
When opening manually does it delay or hesitate at that point? it does sound like it is something mechanical. Cable overlap or idler issue. That being said it should be the same for Van on or off. If you grab the door handle or hit the switch during operation the door stops and just beeps. I tested mine in my garage

2005 Ody Right Side sliding door latch

Here is the link to the latching issue.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/54192-2005-ody-ls-sliding-door-latch.html

Regards

· Registered
86 Posts
You posted this on another thread
"Hi! I'm new to the forum and have a 2006 Touring.

I have an issue with my passenger side sliding door. The door works fine if the car is off.

When the car is on, the door opens halfway, beeps, then closes. I Have to turn off the car to open or close that door. The driver side sliding door work fine (if the car is on or off).

I tried the reset procedure above, but it didn't fix my issue.

Any suggestions on what else I can try?"

When the van is on (running ) and you open the door it opens halfway, beeps then closes. The door has detected an error it has hit something?
When opening manually does it delay or hesitate at that point? it does sound like it is something mechanical. Cable overlap or idler issue. That being said it should be the same for Van on or off. If you grab the door handle or hit the switch during operation the door stops and just beeps. I tested mine in my garage

2005 Ody Right Side sliding door latch

Here is the link to the latching issue.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/54192-2005-ody-ls-sliding-door-latch.html

Regards
Thanks for the link. I don't believe that is my issue. The door work fine when the car is OFF. It has issues when the car is ON.... The latch is fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

PSD reset procedure:

I just tried this and it didn't work. I was really hoping it would. My problem sounds like everyone else's so why aren't these suggestions working. grrr. I have a 2007. I bought it used about a year ago. Never had a problem with it. Then the other day, my son opened the door to get out and when I went around to close it, it just wouldn't close. So weird!
I can't afford to go to the dealership....does anyone else have any other ideas?? I am desperate.
Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
This worked like a champ! Never would have though to pull these fuses. The passenger door wouldn't operated, but the driver side door did. The passenger side would manually open if the switch was off, but with the switch "on", it was very hard to open and gave a continuous "beeeeeeeeeeeeee..." warning tone. Did the reset and it works perfect! Thank you!!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

PSD reset procedure:

Hiworld1! Thank you! Just reset my 2006 EX-L Passenger Door with this fix. So grateful!

· Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issues that many 2005 Odyssey owners are having with the Driver side door not opening. I followed the reset procedure that user hiworld1 posted and to my surprise the door worked again. My excitement was short lived because the door only open/closed 2 times then it was back to not working anymore. Each time I follow the re-set procedure the door will work 2-3 times(open/close) then its back to square one, it has no power and the only way to open the door is manually. Any one else have this problem or suggestion on what to try next?
My door issues: the driver side sliding door will not open with the remote, door button next to the steering wheel, or the door handle when you pull it from the outside or the inside. When I pull the door handle to open it beep three times. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
39 Posts
The weatherstrip attached to the underside of the outboard edge of the sill plate was worn, and began interfering with the door on my '05: it actually got caught in the track once, and pulled it off of the sill plate. I removed the weatherstrip from both sides of the vehicle (pulls off easily). The replacement part# is 72828-SHJ-A02.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.