Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 ody has a left side sliding door that is acting up. When the door is almost closed and the latch begins to engage it begins to beep. It is alomost as if the latch cannot engage and therefore causes a fault condition. I have an appointment on Wednesday for this and the steering grinding noise. Any helpful hints are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Try re-opening the door and then closing it with the appropriate dash switch by holding the switch until the door completely closes and latches. Once in a while they need to be retrained and this procedure may do the trick. Let us know if it helps.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the reset sequence you described, but had no luck. On the way to the Honda dealer this morning the door started beeping. Dealer asked if any previous work had been done on the door and said they would try to fix.

FYI...I am also getting the low speed steering creaking fixed. They were interested in the Honda fix you posted. Did you get it fixed yet? Also they are trying to fix the rear spoiler gasket for the third time. Keeps coming out from under high mount brake light lens.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sab2624:
I tried the reset sequence you described, but had no luck. On the way to the Honda dealer this morning the door started beeping. Dealer asked if any previous work had been done on the door and said they would try to fix.

FYI...I am also getting the low speed steering creaking fixed. They were interested in the Honda fix you posted. Did you get it fixed yet? Also they are trying to fix the rear spoiler gasket for the third time. Keeps coming out from under high mount brake light lens.
</font>
No, last time I was at the dealer the noise was gone again.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts