Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh boy here is one for the books my power steering is crazy turn the wheel and very little actually steering my son has been adding power steering fluid it stops the noise buy my steering has been getting worse wheel is far off to the right then left i believe its the non honda fluid causing the problems oh its a 99 odyssey 195k miles please help.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds like it's more involved than wrong fluid, sounds like something broken. Better tow it to a mechanic that can check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is some warrany extensions . Only for honda 07.My (94 450 mile mark) my power steering pump fail end was change for free.(labor no charge) I dit have same problems too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have some qu. Abut timing belt & if engine in Honda ( v6-i tech ) can be damege due to belt snap (at 2000 rpm low clerance head to deck ?)

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
If your timing belt breaks, the engine will probably be seriously damaged. There is no clearance for the piston to rise when the valves are open.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Check the service schedule in your manual. Timing belt service is every 7 years or 105K miles. You are getting close, but no need to panic yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts