Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT TRUST THE HONDA STEALERSHIPS. They told me my high pressure line and power steering pump were leaking causing the whining noise when cold. They wanted $550 plus to install a new line and pump when the real problem was the inlet O ring which has been superseded by an orange viton type to stop the air leak which cause the whine and foaming in the reservoir. Honda should recall all V-6's with this problem but will not as it involves 100's of thousand Odysseys from 2005 to 2010. Research online to do the O ring repair before letting the Dealer Rip You Off. It is very difficult to get to the one single 10mm bolt to replace this defective O ring on the inlet line of the pump, but a small swivel socket and 10mm stubby wrench works good. New Honda O ring part number is 91345-RDA-A01 and is a whopping $1.62. You also will need to top off your power steering fluid with ONLY Honda/Acura Type.

Rob Orlando, Fl.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks... mine whines for a second on cold start ups. After that nothing. Also only when the temps outside is cold. From spring through Fall, no whining when car is first started.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.