Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,
Recently I replaced the burned-out bulbs in our stock radio and CD unit. Since I have a variable benchtop power supply, I wanted to test the units illumination before installing back into the dashboard. The pin-out below is from the back of the radio:

So, we see the Ground, ACC (+), ILLUMI (+), and BATTERY BACK-UP (+) terminals. My question is - do I need to:

1. Pig-tail all three positive terminals?
  2. Pig-tail the ACC and BATTERY BACK-UP terminals and route the ILLUMI terminal through the dashboard dimmer switch?
Other...how to handle the SECURITY-IN, SECURITY-OUT terminals?

I plan to set the power supply to about 13 V, and 1.75 ~ 3.5 A (if I've applied ohms law correctly). Meanwhile, I'm going to find my Chilton service manual to see if it has a wire diagram that might answer questions.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would appreciate them.
Cheers,
Eric

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit 2/18/2020: As it turns out, the radio/CD unit worked just fine when I re-assembled everything after replacing the the heater core. Also, the unit didn't ask for a security code. I suppose following the battery disconnect procedures in the manual has served this purpose. I still would have liked to power-test the unit after replacing the bulbs...which all work fine now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts