Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1999 RA3 (Australian version) which is based on the US 1995 - 1998 series and I'm having issues with the drivers side (RHS) power window regulator which is of the sector gear type and I did some research and it came up with a plastic gear on eBay but there is nowhere online that explains how to replace the said gear and whether it's in the actual motor unit or on the regulator assy and I don't want to fork out up to $45 all up (Ex CA United States) if that isn't going to fix my problem.

The symptom is the window is very sluggish at going up or down and and I have to use manual hand assistance and the motor appears to be actually slipping and spinning freely which suggest a broken or worn gear which can be replaced but there is no information on how to replace the faulty gear as doing a Google search only comes up with cable driven window regulators which were used all Odysseys from 1999 onwards in the US (2001 in Australia)

Any help would be kindly welcome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe the RA has a Scissor type regulator with gear and then a motor with a gear that can be removed. Best bet it to remove the door panel and inspect what is worn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts