Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I made a few short trips with my '07 EX-L. Then I made a stop at a supermarket to shop for some grocery. The wife stayed in the van with her side door open to let fresh air in. About half an hour later I came back to find that the van wouldn't start. Get a help from someone nearby to jump start the van. Because I parked at the end of the row, it is a bit hard to reach the other car. I finally managed to get the positive terminals hooked up and negative terminal of the booster car hooked. But I have to hold the negative end of the cable to a screw by the engine (I did not notice the jump start site on the engine hanger). Once started, everything is fine. I made another short two trips and no problem in restarting the engine. Could this mean the battery is bad?

But one thing I noticed after the jump start is that the power window of the driver door lost automatic rising/decending function. I am still able to open and close the window with the power window button, but unlike before, now I have to hold the button all the time in order to have the window moving. Days ago, I just need a firm and brief push to the button and the window will move up/down all the way to close/open. Did the jump start damage the power window control? Anyway to reset?

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What about the battery

Thank you very much. That is very useful info.

Then what about the battery. I know the battery is old and probably should be replaced. However, I think this incident is not a direct result of battery, as it works fine once jump started. This is actually the 3rd time it has done this. The first time was half year ago. Once started, everything has been fine until two weeks ago. Again, once started everything fine until yesterday. For all the 3 times, it occurred when it all of a sudden got a hot day. It seems that the battery needs to readjust its condition with the weather :D. For all times, it occurred when I parked in a shade, i.e, a fast drop in temperature in a hot day. Does this kill the battery?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have to jump start my 2006 couple times and was wondering why. It turns out that the kids will manually turn on the back interior lights and will forget to turn it back off. If you are outside the van, you cannot tell if the back lights are on because of the shaded windows. So my advice is make sure you don't have anything on when the engine is not running.

Thank you very much. That is very useful info.

Then what about the battery. I know the battery is old and probably should be replaced. However, I think this incident is not a direct result of battery, as it works fine once jump started. This is actually the 3rd time it has done this. The first time was half year ago. Once started, everything has been fine until two weeks ago. Again, once started everything fine until yesterday. For all the 3 times, it occurred when it all of a sudden got a hot day. It seems that the battery needs to readjust its condition with the weather :D. For all times, it occurred when I parked in a shade, i.e, a fast drop in temperature in a hot day. Does this kill the battery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts