Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
Main window switch control is cheap on eBay. Just pry up plastic piece on door and plug in new on. Easy.
Either cheap chinesium or worn out used stuff with the same problem. The fix he posted seems pretty good to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same issue… only driver’s window worked, and the other 3 windows’ relays made the expected clicking noise when the driver side buttons were pushed, but there was no motion at all.
  1. Pop out the drivers side main window controller and disconnect the two white latching connectors from the back.
  2. Remove 4 screws to separate the switch unit from the trim piece.
  3. Unscrew the radio module.
  4. Pop off the cover using a flathead screwdriver.
  5. Remove the window lock button cap to release the circuit board.
  6. Locate the trace to confirm the open circuit issue.
  7. Cut back the plastic nibs and place a piece of electrical tape over them. There is one other place on the PCB that could be an issue in the future, near C52.
  8. Run a thin insulated stranded wire (on the opposite side of the PCB from where the wear occurred) from the associated via hole to the 4th large pin on the nearby module (just follow the trace carefully to identify the correct via and pin). Solder (adding fresh solder) and ensure it wicks into the new wire strands and "wets" to the existing connections.
  9. Verify continuity with a meter and that the connections don't touch any unintended places.
  10. Replace the switch unit and play like a kid with all 4 windows.
So i Followed all the advice given in this post. Unfortunately the site isn't allowing me to see any attachments so i know exactly what you are talking about. I inspected the PCB but didn't notice any wear, burns or open circuits. I used a little magnifier glass that resembles what jewelers use to inspect their diamonds. :coolio: i cleaned it up with alcohol then meter tested the wires. It was very frustrating because it would test for positive connection the first time but then when double checked no connection. i could have been doing it wrong though.

i realize your post is from two years ago but do you still have the pictures? i'm at a loss for a resolution at this point since i'm an amateur trying to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same issue with 2007 honda Odyssey, drivers side window worked but all other were dead, read thru the threads and resolved the issue. thanks to you all for posting detailed steps and pics, made the fix a 15 min fix. AWESOME!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only my driver window was working so I followed the advice on this post. Sure enough I saw the break in the trace just as the picture showed. I continued to do everything suggested, I even did my own soldering. And almost like a miracle my 4 windows are working again. I can't thank you enough for this post and the step-by-step instructions along with the excellent pics.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts