Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like others have posted, I want my accessory power sockets to be always powered. Others have shown how to add additional circuits using an Add-a-Circuit in the fuse panels.

If I want existing sockets to be always powered, could I not just remove the accessory power socket relay and short the two normally open contacts with a jumper wire? Eliminate the relay, complete the circuit with a jumper and you’re done?

Looking at the shop manual, I’m seeing electronic control units (ECUs) networked together. One of these ECUs powers on the cargo area accessory power socket relay. I’m over my head when it comes to electronics so little alarm bells go off. Can I really just remove the relays or am I going to get computer error codes generated or what?

This is to power a Koolatron cooler. If it’s not always plugged in, it’s useless since there’s really no insulation compared to a normal cooler.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I see a dead battery in your future...:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The relay also feesd other circuits. Your best option is go to Radio Shack and get an add on socket and wire it to a spare fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts