Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this information is buried in the "prices paid for 2011" thread but I bought a new EX-L a few weeks ago and paid $1300 for the 5yr/100K warranty. I remember looking around online before I purchased the vehicle but I didn't write down the specific deals. The only reason I went ahead with it at the dealership was because he said I could get a FULL refund within 60 days.

1) Is this true?
2) I would like to get a longer warranty for a better price, so I am prepared to cancel with this dealership in Florida and get a new one. Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure if this information is buried in the "prices paid for 2011" thread but I bought a new EX-L a few weeks ago and paid $1300 for the 5yr/100K warranty. I remember looking around online before I purchased the vehicle but I didn't write down the specific deals. The only reason I went ahead with it at the dealership was because he said I could get a FULL refund within 60 days.

1) Is this true?
2) I would like to get a longer warranty for a better price, so I am prepared to cancel with this dealership in Florida and get a new one. Suggestions?

Thanks
Since you are in FL, you are kinda screwed. Prices for extended warranties are regulated for some reason here, and they will not differ at dealerships. Anything you find online will proably have a * next to it stating, not valid in FL.

I bought one on my 06 EX-L, I contacted 10 different dealers, all gave back exact same price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try Saccucci Honda

Try saccuccihondacare.com. I just bought an 8 year/120,000 mile warranty for my 2011 EX-L for about the same price you paid.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try saccuccihondacare.com. I just bought an 8 year/120,000 mile warranty for my 2011 EX-L for about the same price you paid.
+1, Paid $1295 I think for 8 years, 120,000 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts

1) Is this true?

Thanks
Also, keep in mind you may not have purchased a "Honda Care" warranty. Although, support is similar in 3rd party backed warranties (like CNA National), they are not backed by Honda, and they may also require you to take the vehicle to the dealer that sold the warranty. If you don't take it to that dealer, you may have to jump through more hoops to get refunds.

Dealers sell these non Honda Care warranties because it keeps service at their department, and their profit margin is higher on the warranties.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone that recommends a warranty other than Honda Care (see the warranty forum).

... and if you have purchased Honda Care... good for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try Bernardi Honda

There is at least one lengthy forum on this topic, though I don't believe it is on the 2011+ thread.

I paid $750 for a Honda Care 100k/5 year extended warranty.

I mentioned it at the closing and the financial person immediately dropped the outrageous price on both the Honda Care and aftermarket warranties. I still went with Bernardi. I didn't appreciate the "heads up" that the dealership might not honor the Bernardi warranty. I read on the warranty discussion where other dealer finance folks have tried to scare buyers away from warranties purchased at high-volume outfits like Bernardi. Seems like they are being coached to do so.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There is at least one lengthy forum on this topic, though I don't believe it is on the 2011+ thread.

I paid $750 for a Honda Care 100k/5 year extended warranty.

I mentioned it at the closing and the financial person immediately dropped the outrageous price on both the Honda Care and aftermarket warranties. I still went with Bernardi. I didn't appreciate the "heads up" that the dealership might not honor the Bernardi warranty. I read on the warranty discussion where other dealer finance folks have tried to scare buyers away from warranties purchased at high-volume outfits like Bernardi. Seems like they are being coached to do so.
As a Honda franchisee, they have to honor any Honda warranty regardless of where it was purchased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts