Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Talk to Kent Lee at Menlo Honda in Redwood City. He has told me that they are willing to work on pricing for LX and EX models, without leather and entertainment systems. He was *very* professional and courteous, and I highly recommend him. Please let him know that I sent you and I'm sure he'll give you the same level of service. Let me know if you need any help contacting him. He can be reached at 650-364-1011.

When I bought mine, they had the best price in a 75 mile radius... Good luck.

------------------
2002 GG EX-L RES
1996 BMW 328i Manual Sport Pack w/goodies

·
Registered
6 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pleasanton:
How much have you paid for the Odyssey EX in the Bay Area ? Can you recommend a good dealer ?

Thank you.
</font>
I second the motion from Odylicious, Kent Lee is the man. I talked to fleet dealers at Dublin, San Leandro, Hayward, Fremont, San Jose, etc., and no one would budge on the $1000 over MSRP. Kent was real pleasant to work with and was up front on the price (less than the above mentioned dealers) and the date of delivery. I should mention that I need to change my username from '02 ody hopeful to '02 ody owner....

Good Luck

David

'02 GG EX - mudflaps, locks (great deal at H and A) nose mask, cargo tray, cargo mat forthcoming....

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I went out of the Bay Area to get my '01 EX back in July. Drove down to Palmdale, 60 mi NE of LA. I wanted a DEP, nobody else had one in stock and everyone wanted way above MSRP. Best quote I got back then was $500 over MSRP locally.

Paid MSRP for mine from Robertson Palmdale Honda. (www.hondascheap.com)

Internet sales manager's name is Jim Maze. An OK guy. He promised me a free dash mat after I turned in my customer survey, and to date, nothing. I even emailed the guy twice and no response. But I did get my free oil change coupon! (Great....)

I know they won't service my vehicle anyway so it doesn't bother me too much, but you figure customer service, right?

Turns out Robertson Palmdale sells 80%+ of their Ody allocation to the SF Bay area. The finance guy says they are all cash deals, and all at MSRP. Not sure if this is different with the '02s.

Good Luck on your quest....

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would have to echo Shin Johns sentiments and say that, unless you are planning on getting your Ody serviced at the same local dealer that you buy the vehicle, you may as well head on down to the LA area and buy one at MSRP, then drive it home. A flight plus gas home adds maybe $200 to the cost of the purchase, still below the $500 or so over MSRP that local dealers charge for LXs and non-leather EXs, and the $1,000+ over MSRP they charge for the EX-Ls.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to put in a good word for Ocean Honda in Capitola. My salesman was Tim Leibel. MSRP - no hassle. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a MB EX-L RES from Concord Honda yesterday.I paid 1500 over MSRP. I was not on a waiting list.The dealer called me back the next day after speaking to the sales manager about current inventory and telling him my trim and color choices.I really did not expect a phone call saying that a Beige EXL with rear entertainment "just came off of the truck" and if I wanted it.Paying 1500 over MSRP stung a little but after reading posts here it was in the Bay Area range of pricing.The dealer did throw in mud flaps,cargo tray and mat,roof rack cross bars for no extra charge.

[This message has been edited by Slopoke (edited 12-13-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slopoke:
I got a MB EX-L RES from Concord Honda yesterday.I paid 1500 over MSRP. I was not on a waiting list.The dealer called me back the next day after speaking to the sales manager about current inventory and telling him my trim and color choices.I really did not expect a phone call saying that a Beige EXL with rear entertainment "just came off of the truck" and if I wanted it.Paying 1500 over MSRP stung a little but after reading posts here it was in the Bay Area range of pricing.The dealer did throw in mud flaps,cargo tray and mat,roof rack cross bars for no extra charge.

[This message has been edited by Slopoke (edited 12-13-2001).]
</font>
I tried to buy an Ody at Concord and they told me that those items that were 'thrown in' were the reason why they were selling the '02 at $1500 (actually back in Sept. it was $2000 over ). I then went to the computers they had located by the lobby and logged into H and A, and showed the salesman that those items were not worth $2000. Once I showed them the prices, they dropped their price to $1500, but I was out the door.....

As for the LA idea, a buddy of mine bought his at Metro in Ontario and he got it at MSRP. He told me about this place, but I didn't have the time to spare, so I paid slightly over MSRP at Menlo Honda. Kent Lee was good to work with and didn't try to pull the wool over my eyes like they tried at Concord..

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jdayo:
I'd like to put in a good word for Ocean Honda in Capitola. My salesman was Tim Leibel. MSRP - no hassle. Good luck!</font>
I want to thank JDAYO for the recommendation. Here is how we work things. We are a smallish store so we get abotu 10 Odysseys a month. If I have your contact numbers and what you want i.e. EX-L in Beige, then I call when my manager gets a Vin # and if you want it we do the paperwork. As you all are aware we have no control of what we get. So if You are patient, I can get you what you want at MSRP but I can not give accurate time frame for how long it will be. Obviously colors like Silver, Beige and Granite Green come up more often than Red Rock or the Dark Green but I do get those.

------------------
Tim Leibel
Ocean Honda Chevrolet
Capitola, CA

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tim L:
I want to thank JDAYO for the recommendation. Here is how we work things. We are a smallish store so we get abotu 10 Odysseys a month. If I have your contact numbers and what you want i.e. EX-L in Beige, then I call when my manager gets a Vin # and if you want it we do the paperwork. As you all are aware we have no control of what we get. So if You are patient, I can get you what you want at MSRP but I can not give accurate time frame for how long it will be. Obviously colors like Silver, Beige and Granite Green come up more often than Red Rock or the Dark Green but I do get those. Also we do not charge Mark up on the New 2002 CRV or do I expect the New Passport when it comes out.

</font>

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would also recommend Ocean Honda in Capitola. I bought a new EX there at MSRP. I was on a waiting list for a few weeks when a white one came in that my wife and I decided to buy.

They are very friendly. Good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ocean Honda in Santa Cruz, CA. sell all Odysseys at MSRP. We do not add accessories. Buyers can request accessories after purchase. Normal (!) wait is 2-6 weeks. Questions should be directed to Shawn Sparr (internet director) at (831) 464-1500 EX225 Mention this posting

------------------
'Life is good!'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ocean Honda no longer sells for MSRP. David Hayes called me today with the Ody that I have been waiting for, but will no longer sell it to me at MSRP. I either have to add mark-up or add tons of options. Very disappointed with them, since I bought my current Accord from them. Just as most of the South Bay dealers are getting closer to MSRP, Ocean Honda is moving away from it.

I guess the wait continues in the South Bay... looks like I probably will have to wait til the 03 arrives and the new Sienna start rolling in into the local Toyota dealers before MSRP is possible.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ckcwong said:
...... looks like I probably will have to wait til the 03 arrives and the new Sienna start rolling in into the local Toyota dealers before MSRP is possible.
Don't hold your breath :D.

I think that Honda will manage the output of Odys to match demand so that they keep the prices close to MSRP. They have done that throughout this difficult year, even with the new plant opening in Alabama and production rising 24% over last year.

Last summer I was expecting more flexibility in pricing but it just didn't happen.

IMHO, the new Sienna will probably raise the pricing floor and I would also guess that Honda will increase the Ody MSRP slightly.

We've been hearing for six months that the new plant and increased production will lower prices on the Ody, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

These Honda folks are clever.

Regards,

Maugham¿

·
Registered
147 Posts
We bought our EX-L for $500 over at Honda of El Cerrito - about 10 minutes North of Berkeley. That was $500 on top of the MSRP and the delivery charge that is printed on the sticker.

Honda of Fresno quoted me MSRP on any Ody.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maugham said:
Don't hold your breath :D.

We've been hearing for six months that the new plant and increased production will lower prices on the Ody, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Maugham¿

The Ody price over MSRP has been coming down since 99, and in some parts of the country, they are finally under MSRP. I agree that prices will not go down much farther. For example, we will not be talking about invoice pricing any time soon.

My hope is that I can walk into a dealer here in the SF South Bay and write a check for MSRP + tax + doc and drive off with a new Ody without haggling. I think this will happen soon since they are at MSRP just outside of the central Bay Area.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ckcwong said:

The Ody price over MSRP has been coming down since 99, and in some parts of the country, they are finally under MSRP. I agree that prices will not go down much farther. For example, we will not be talking about invoice pricing any time soon.

My hope is that I can walk into a dealer here in the SF South Bay and write a check for MSRP + tax + doc and drive off with a new Ody without haggling. I think this will happen soon since they are at MSRP just outside of the central Bay Area.
We seem to be in agreement.

My point is that there is not a lot to be gained by waiting IF the reason is based solely on the expectation that prices will drop a lot in the next year.

MSRP will probably go up US$250-$400 in the next model year, the transporation cost already went up and may increase again, extended warranty prices may increase, and we all know that sales taxes never decrease. So, someone who pays MSRP minus $500 in October may pay the same dollar amount as a buyer now :dunno:.

I personally would wait for the 2003 if I were ordering an Ody for delivery in July or August of this year. There won't be any big changes, but Honda usually does something cool to each model year.

Maugham¿

·
Registered
33 Posts
In an earlier thread under "dealer stories" I mentioned that Merced Honda sells all their Odys for MSRP (+doc + Tax) with no hassel at all. They even state it at the top of their website. I have an GG EX-L RES on order which should bein at the beginning of July. Unfortunately, I have twins on the way (to go along with a 2 yr old) so I an't wait for the '03 to come out. I'm pushing my luck as it is!

If you are interested in Merced Honda (only 1 1/2 hour away) the Internet Manger's name is Phil Gauthier (pronounced Go-tea-ay). 800-734-8101.

Good Luck:p

·
Registered
306 Posts
When we were looking for our ODY, we had the option of buying in the Bay Area (really East Bay) of northern California, or buying here in New Mexico.

In the Bay Area, I would have had to pay $1,500.00 over MSRP at our local dealer, plus the 8.5% sales tax + perhaps $500 or $600 in license fees.

In NM, we paid MSRP, 3% sales tax and $30 for license fees. This worked out to be a savings of about $3,000.00. And the dealer in Albuquerque was a delight to work with, knowledgeable and did not play any games.

Happy with our new ODY and DELIGHTED with this web site!!!

:) :) :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts