Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1196 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like its that time again and I figured I would beat anyone else to it. If you would post your prices paid in the following order, it would help a lot.
Trim: LX/EX/EX-L/EX-L RES/EX-L R&N/Touring/Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $xx,xxx.xx
Destination: $xxx.xx
Doc Fees: $xxx.xx
Taxes: $x,xxx.xx
Tags: $xxx.xx

Total OTD: $xx,xxx.xx

·
Registered
180 Posts
2022 Honda Odyssey Touring Super Duper Elite
Vehicle Price: $0
Destination: $0
Doc Fees: $0
Taxes: $0
Tags: You're it?

Total out the door: $0 + You're it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Touring Elite (Polished Metal)

Vehicle price- $41,591
Destination fee- $810.00
Accessories- $105.10 (splash guards, folding cargo mat, cargo tray)
Dealer fee- $599 (can't seem to escape this in South Florida)
FL tire fee- $5.00
FL batt. fee- $1.50
tax & tag- $2861.70
Doc fee- 140.70
NO trade in
OTD- 46114.00
2.09% apr

And free car washes whenever I want :nice:

There are NONE where I live. We searched most of the state. The only reason I found one was because our dealership had some certain Civic SI that was in demand and traded with a New Jersey Dealership. 2011's are still going for more that I paid for this, so I am happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crown Honda of Southpoint, Durham NC.
2012 Touring Elite, Polished Metal Metallic with Gray interior.

MSRP $44,485 (w/ 810 destination charge included) + Cargo Tray $93 + All Season Floor Mats $199 + Splash Guards $72 - Discount $2,714.05
= $42,134.95

Tax 1264.05
Tag 73 total
Elec filing fee $49
Doc fee 479

Out the door $44,000

·
Banned
728 Posts
2012 Touring Elite (Polished Metal)

Vehicle price- $41,591
Destination fee- $810.00
Accessories- $105.10 (splash guards, folding cargo mat, cargo tray)
Dealer fee- $599 (can't seem to escape this in South Florida)
FL tire fee- $5.00
FL batt. fee- $1.50
tax & tag- $2861.70
Doc fee- 140.70
NO trade in
OTD- 46114.00
2.09% apr

And free car washes whenever I want :nice:

There are NONE where I live. We searched most of the state. The only reason I found one was because our dealership had some certain Civic SI that was in demand and traded with a New Jersey Dealership. 2011's are still going for more that I paid for this, so I am happy.
How far is the drive home from NC. For $2,000 I'd have looked elsewhere and I wouldn't have paid a $600.00 fee unless the dealer would sell the van at or under invoice. I see red when dealers start talking about document fees and carp like that although I realize for some it is a fact of life.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is about a 1500.00 tax & tag difference which is where most of the OTD cost is different between my vehicle and the one in NC. Besides the tax, the dealer fee is about all that I would have saved, which is not enough for the hassle of buying and transporting the car from NC to South Florida. Our tag registration for a new vehicle is $400 regardless of where the car is purchased.

There was a message on our answering machine today from another dealer (one of only 2 in the state that has the TE, though others were on order) from when I was still calling to find who would beat the price we were getting. He said, that according to there computer, there are only 2 TEs in the state and he doubts very much (basically calling me a liar :mad: ) that I could get the vehicle for what I told him. I called him back to let him know that I did buy the car for that price and where. He told me that the dealership I bought the car from deserved a big hand from me because no-one else would have sold it to me that cheap. He said good luck and enjoy the van.

I definitely will!

Trish

P.S. umkai, did you have a trade-in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes we did have a trade in (2007 Honda Pilot EX-L with Navigation, 2WD, 38K miles in near excellent condition) and that wasn't the plan. We planned to sell the car privately for KBB price (around 20K with good condition) until we knew our friend got his 2008 traded in for good price in that dealer. The dealer offered 18,800 at the end and we saved 3% tax of that (equivalent to 19,364 with the tax credit). The difference between what they offered and the price we can possibly sell privately was small enough so we just killed two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Folks,

Close to pulling the trigger.... Is $2,285 below MSRP (no dealer fees) for a 2012 coming in 1 week a good deal? We figured the price difference between 2011 and 2012 is only less than $600 or so...

Zdenver, how was your experience dealing with Planet Honda? Appreciate if you can share. Please PM me if you prefer to do it privately. Read some bad reviews online and we didn't contact them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 EX-L Navi (Polished Metal)

Vehicle price- $33,746
Destination fee- $810.00
Dealer processing fee- $200
Tire fee- $4.00
MD tax, tag, title- $2385.39
OTD- 37,165.89

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 EX-L RES, Black

Well, I've joined the Honda family for the first time. We traded in our beloved Acura TL to accommodate the little one on the way (our third).

Vehicle: $35,672
Appearance protection: $299 (floor mats, cargo tray, splash guards)
Dealer/Doc fee: $499
Taxes, Title, License: $1,679
OTD: $38,149

Local credit union has 1.79% for up to 66 months.

Based on the dealer's quick acceptance of the $35,672 price I threw out, maybe I didn't push hard enough. But overall I'm happy with the deal.

(Note that there was a trade in, reducing some taxes)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Folks,

Close to pulling the trigger.... Is $2,285 below MSRP (no dealer fees) for a 2012 coming in 1 week a good deal? We figured the price difference between 2011 and 2012 is only less than $600 or so...

Zdenver, how was your experience dealing with Planet Honda? Appreciate if you can share. Please PM me if you prefer to do it privately. Read some bad reviews online and we didn't contact them.

Thanks!
Buying our Odyessy from Planet was OK. It was a good that Go Honda had the same vehicle, since planet didn't think I was serious until I called him from the Go parking lot the next day with a lower price!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Zdenver!

Just put in a deposit for a 2012 EX-L w/ RES with Oct 10 ETA.
Vehicle: $33,901
Dealer fees: $499
Total before TTL: $34,400

Pushing for invoice, but was very pleased and settled with 200 over. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buena Park Honda
2012 EX-L with Nav
Crystal Black Pearl with Truffle
Vehicle price- $35,141
Destination fee- $810.00
Accessories- $347 (splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray - not installed at BP Honda but rather at the dealer they traded with- but don't get me started on it)
tax - $2754.58
Doc fee- 55.00
License, Reg, Tire, Smog fees $339.75
NO trade in
OTD- 38637.33
1.79% apr for 60 mths

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you guys have to bargain hard to be near invoice? I don't think I have time to sit down for 3 hrs to go back and forth then another hour or two for the fiance paperwork.

Anyone have any leads in NYC/NJ that have dealers doing invoice?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Did you guys have to bargain hard to be near invoice? I don't think I have time to sit down for 3 hrs to go back and forth then another hour or two for the fiance paperwork.

Drive up to MA.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Do all the nego through emails and phone, especially if you have multiple dealerships nearby where you live.

If you go to a dealership, they would typically tie you down to the chair and wouldn't let you go until you give in. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
2012 Touring Elite Price Paid

Thanks to everyone for posting their prices, it was really helpful. Here is our breakout for our Black Exterior/Truffle Interior 2012 Touring Elite being delivered tomorrow...

Trim: Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $41,351
Taxes, Title, Doc Fees, Temp Tags, etc: $1810
Options: $2095 (door sill guards, remote start, mudflaps, splash guards, hood air deflector, roof rails, cross bars, body molding, wheel locks)
Extended Warranty: $1579
Delivery (4 hours on flatbed): $0

Total OTD: $46,834

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting their prices, it was really helpful. Here is our breakout for our Black Exterior/Truffle Interior 2012 Touring Elite being delivered tomorrow...

Trim: Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $41,351
Taxes, Title, Doc Fees, Temp Tags, etc: $1810
Options: $2095 (door sill guards, remote start, mudflaps, splash guards, hood air deflector, roof rails, cross bars, body molding, wheel locks)
Extended Warranty: $1579
Delivery (4 hours on flatbed): $0

Total OTD: $46,834
Notivce you are in VA, which delaership..if I may ask?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do all the nego through emails and phone, especially if you have multiple dealerships nearby where you live.

If you go to a dealership, they would typically tie you down to the chair and wouldn't let you go until you give in. :)

did you go to each of the websites and submit a quote ? i find that they dont have any published email so i can just mass it out.

Living in NYC there is well over 8 dealerships near me and its a pain to go to each page and fill out their boxes.

·
Registered
419 Posts
did you go to each of the websites and submit a quote ? i find that they dont have any published email so i can just mass it out.

Living in NYC there is well over 8 dealerships near me and its a pain to go to each page and fill out their boxes.
Start at the Honda site and click on Request a Quote. You can send an email to all the dealers in your area from there and start negotiating.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 1196 Posts