Honda Odyssey Forum banner
181 - 200 of 1196 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
and am now happy to be 'almost' part of the Ody family. I get the paperwork in the mail tomorrow.

Trim:Touring Elite
Vehicle Price: $39,633! + $1010 in accessories
Destination: included
Doc Fees: $99.00
Taxes: $3455 (assuming 8.5% for Colorado)
Tags: $0.00

Total OTD: $44,098

2012 Alabaster Silver Touring Elite with Truffle interior, roof rails, splash guards, door sill trim and body side moldings. I can't wait!!!! I have also talked to Bob at Hyannis Honda (per everyone's recommendation) and he verified the $1270 8 yr/120,000 mile Honda Care warranty.

BTW, I love you guys and you were all very helpful in helping me decide on the color, accessories and warranty.
REALLY great deal. I thought I was doing good with a $39,000 offer on paper for the same van model but no options. It included the dest charge. Working on trade in value now. Having 2nd thoughts now.
Congrats!

·
Registered
20 Posts
good deal.

All weather mats should be around 150$ at cost but retail is 199$.

It seems they charged reasonable fees. Good deal. Enjoy the car.

I finally bought 2012 EX-L with All weather mats, after following the suggestions on this forum.

Base price 32,400
Dealer fee:250
tags : 35
Tax 5.75% 1900
All weather mats about 100.

Looks like i did not bad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2012 Odyseey Touring Elite

Well, guess I got over my 2nd thoughts kinda...

Just signed up for a 2012 Odyseey Touring Elite
Dealer followed through with 100% of what was discussed over the internet (email) and phone calls. No issues. Highly recommend as he worked with me on this deal for hours.
Base price: $39,000
Title and registration: $100
Dealer Services: $239
Options: $1,823 - $1000 discount ($823)
Trade in: $9,000 2004 Accord Coupe V6-EX Nav Leather
(miles=50k but need some paint work as it has two locations with deep scratches/scrapes)
Taxes: $1,859

Options:
Remote Starter (Not Honda's, my choice - but is high end and two way with temp)
Side Moldings
Splish Guards
Cargo Tray
Doorsil Garnish
Roof Rails
Cross Bars

Had to drive 2 hours to just outside of Boston area to purchase as the four dealers in the area would not give me this deal... only one work even talk a deal..
By the way, this dealer will ship if need be..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, guess I got over my 2nd thoughts kinda...

Just signed up for a 2012 Odyseey Touring Elite
Dealer followed through with 100% of what was discussed over the internet (email) and phone calls. No issues. Highly recommend as he worked with me on this deal for hours.
Base price: $39,000
Title and registration: $100
Dealer Services: $239
Options: $1,823 - $1000 discount ($823)
Trade in: $9,000 2004 Accord Coupe V6-EX Nav Leather
(miles=50k but need some paint work as it has two locations with deep scratches/scrapes)
Taxes: $1,859

Options:
Remote Starter (Not Honda's, my choice - but is high end and two way with temp)
Side Moldings
Splish Guards
Cargo Tray
Doorsil Garnish
Roof Rails
Cross Bars

Had to drive 2 hours to just outside of Boston area to purchase as the four dealers in the area would not give me this deal... only one work even talk a deal..
By the way, this dealer will ship if need be..
Forgot:
Decided to add Honda Care 8yr/120K $0 Deductable for $1,295
(first time for this option, hope it's worth it - will be retiring in a few years, so consider it insurance)

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey all -- new to the forum. picked up our 2012 honda odyssey touring elite yesterday.

2012 polished metal with grey interior
Neg. price: $39,750
Title and registration: $158
Options: mud flaps, wheel locks, and side door protector thingas
Extended 'protector' warranty: 7 yr / 100,000 with $0 deduc for $1200
Taxes: 7.25%

looking forward to browsing around and finding a way to hardwire my V1.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey all -- new to the forum. picked up our 2012 honda odyssey touring elite yesterday.

2012 polished metal with grey interior
Neg. price: $39,750
Title and registration: $158
Options: mud flaps, wheel locks, and side door protector thingas
Extended 'protector' warranty: 7 yr / 100,000 with $0 deduc for $1200
Taxes: 7.25%

looking forward to browsing around and finding a way to hardwire my V1.
Congrats, excellent deal.
I have a V1 also. I had it in my 2004 Accord with the remote display in the ashtray area. The top would close so it could not be seen.
I assume there is power available up high above the mirror area. Will be ordering the service manual(s) shortly so will decide after understanding the wiring..
On the Accord I ran power up the side under the plastic and over under the headliner. Hope not to have to do that on the Odyseey...
My military training was in Electronic Counter Measures and have found the V1 to be the best on the market. Mike knows his stuff.
Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
funny you mention 2004 honda accord. that was my previous car since 2004, however it was totaled in a car accident this past week.

thus the new odyssey. my 04 accord also had the V1 hardwired in exactly how you had yours. it worked well and it was hidden pretty good too. hoping i can get this installed in the ody over the holiday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great. I love this 2004 and really hate to trade her in but don't have the bucks for both. Had another Honda that I really loved, 1989 Prelude. Loaned it to my son on Xmas eve. He was with a friend and parked it in a well lite parking lot. Put on the security system and went in to have a beer. They had one ( I was told ) and when they came out the car was gone. Only battery acid left in the spot it was parked. Police found it the next day in the city on cinder blocks. Nothing but the shell was left. They even took the floor mats! But they left the check book! Police told me it as a well orginized car thief group operating in the area. Good part is that I did not have a V1 at the time :)....
Please let me (us) know how the V1 install goes, and any tips.
Worst case I will just run the phone cord up the side of the drivers window and over the top to the center (either side of the mirror) in the headliner. Just don't know the issues yet I might run in to. Have been in the Ody once for 15 mins. Taking delivery in mid December. Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Proud new owner of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L no RES or NAVI, we negotiated to 30,140 after trade in and this is how it broke down:
31,899 vehicle price
-1,234 trade in of my 04 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
-750 flex cash coupons (from Honda)
1,916.56 Massachusetts State Tax (6.25%)
5.00 Title Preparation Fee
299 Documentation Fee
129 Transfer plates/Registration
225 Sales Commission

·
Registered
138 Posts
Proud new owner of a 2012 Odyssey EX-L no RES or NAVI, we negotiated to 30,140 after trade in and this is how it broke down:
31,899 vehicle price
-1,234 trade in of my 04 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
-750 flex cash coupons (from Honda)
1,916.56 Massachusetts State Tax (6.25%)
5.00 Title Preparation Fee
299 Documentation Fee
129 Transfer plates/Registration
225 Sales Commission

Mind posting or PM'ing which dealership? Also, is 31,899 final price of the car or is it 31,899 minus the $750?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mind posting or PM'ing which dealership? Also, is 31,899 final price of the car or is it 31,899 minus the $750?
This is Cambridge Honda in Massachusetts. I'm in the military and my Home of Record is MA. the agreed upon price was 30,140 after trade in so if you looking for number before trade in, it would be 31,899-750=31,149.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is Cambridge Honda in Massachusetts. I'm in the military and my Home of Record is MA. the agreed upon price was 30,140 after trade in so if you looking for number before trade in, it would be 31,899-750=31,149.
WOW, what a deal! You are the 1st person who has gotten price below what i have paid from what I have read. I paid $31,800 for exl. I didnt have a trade so perhaps, dealer is going to make money by selling off your trade. He wanted to give me only $2500 for my 01 ody. I listing it on CL and sold it 2nd day for almost double.

·
Registered
131 Posts
WOW, what a deal! You are the 1st person who has gotten price below what i have paid from what I have read. I paid $31,800 for exl. I didnt have a trade so perhaps, dealer is going to make money by selling off your trade. He wanted to give me only $2500 for my 01 ody. I listing it on CL and sold it 2nd day for almost double.
Nice! yea he might make some money, but it's kbb was 5k and it had dents in almost every panel(i am dead serious, i do mean every panel), radiator leaked, AC just stopped blowing cold in August, and the front window actuators were struggling to lift the front widows (i had to clean/play around with them twice to get them to work). They even threw in wheel locks for free! MSRP of 179. lol actual cost of $65.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It sounds like he got 31149 not 30140

31899-750 = 31149

Nice! yea he might make some money, but it's kbb was 5k and it had dents in almost every panel(i am dead serious, i do mean every panel), radiator leaked, AC just stopped blowing cold in August, and the front window actuators were struggling to lift the front widows (i had to clean/play around with them twice to get them to work). They even threw in wheel locks for free! MSRP of 179. lol actual cost of $65.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool. I didnt have to pay doc fee or commission. So, I guess the price you paid is very similar to mine. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum and this is my 1st post...hoping I don't screw up! :)

I'm looking for 'good price' opinions on a 'used' 2011 Touring with 5,200 miles. I'm having a hard time finding any info online b/c kbb and edmonds do not list 'used' prices for the 2011 odyssey yet (or I couldn't find them).

It is the standard Touring Model (Silver)...they had it listed at 39,000 and quoted me 33,500. We were not necessarily looking to buy a Touring...more like a 2012 EX-L (I have quotes on this too)...but if the price is right/better then we may consider it.

I didn't see a better place to post this. Since you are talking prices here, I thought someone may offer an opinion. TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking for a EX-L in Northern NJ and got the following quotes:

Dealer A: 33316
Dealer B: 33656
Dealer C: 34490

All Dealers charge 400 for MV for four years. Dealer A wants 389 for "Documentary" while others want 269. All quotes include destination

BTW--my most local dealer is the most expensive but promises to meet any other offer. He also has a leftover which he will discount 1k.

Also--I'm looking at leftover 2011 Nissan Quests. Nice car but optioned idiotically. For example, you can't even get navigation unless you get the highest model of which very few are available. And most do not have sunroof and the ones that do have 3k in stereo upgrades and DVD. Silly.

But it represents very good value and it is a very nice vehicle. I am though worried about long-term reliability.

181 - 200 of 1196 Posts