Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm hoping we can use this spot to collect information on purchases of new 2012 Canadian model vans (the pricing thread in the generational forum has too much USA-specific commentary to be helpful to most Canucks. . . Understandably)

In you post, please be clear about:
1) which trim level
2) if that price included any accessories / additional warranty that you selected, or that your dealer includes on every van
3) post the price INCLUSIVE of document/admin fees, if any
4) note if the price was for cash or financed deal. If financed, please comment on rate/term.

Here is the only Canadian pricing reply I found in the first 18 pages of the 2012 pricing thread within the generational forum:

Bought in Quebec - best I could get was 3% over invoice for a Touring:

Price: $44,525
Destination: $1,590
A/C Tax: $100
Tire Tax: $15

Subtotal: $46,230
Total with taxes: $52,667.53

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
(re-post from the ultra-long pricing thread)

2012 Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl / Truffle interior

31,943$ + tx OTD

Honda Canada currently has a few incentives for July: 2k$ rebate for cash buyers OR 0.99/36, 1.99/48, 2.99/60 financing.

Depending on what cash you bring to the table, there's a combo available where you can have your cake and eat it too: 2k$ rebate and 5.49/60 financing. For me, that ended up being 600$ cheaper for the total expense.

The price I got includes the 2k$ rebate, PDI (1,640$ up here) and a/c tax (100$).

I used a website called unhaggle.com to obtain the dealer invoice. Both carsavers.ca and carcostcanada.com had the same figure. While unhaggle offers a paid service to get bids from local dealer, in the free invoice report you get by email, they invite you to reply back with the amount of profit you would accept on top of that invoice figure. I tried with 500$, and to my surprise got a very polite reply that their partner dealer in my area could not match that offer, but did come up with a counter offer for 850$.

The rest was done over the phone with the local dealer, which turned out to be the fleet mngr for a large Montreal dealer group. No haggle needed!

The van is not in stock, but was found in another dealer's order sheet for August. It gets here mid-August.

Very clean 2003 EX for sale :)

Not included in the price are the accessories I'm deciding on - probable are: rear mudflaps, side mouldings and cargo net.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2012 Odyssey EX, Polished Metal / Grey Interior
Purchased in Edmonton, Alberta in June, 2012
$34,730 all in, out the door, cash price
"Mandatory" accessories already installed by the dealer include: Block Heater ($184 retail), Rear Mudflaps ($108 retail). Locking Wheel Nuts ($131 retail), Security Etching ($399 retail - I actually didn't want this and got the dealer to subtract from the original quote they gave me, it was mandatory on all vehicles so I essentially view that this was free)
Optional accessories added on: Automatic Transmission Fluid Cooler ($387 retail plus $118 labour for install)
Total price above includes: Freight & PDI ($1,640), Federal Air Conditioning Excise Tax ($100), Alberta Tire Levy ($20), AMVIC Fee ($6.25) and 5% GST

If you take away all of the mandatory and optional accessories at retail price and the GST, the pre-tax price works out to (Yes, I realize that the dealership made money on the accessories as well.)

I used Car Cost Canada to get vehicle involce and then started negotiating over e-mail with all of the dealership in Northern Alberta. After obtaining quotes, we went into the dealership where we first test drove the Odyssey who had given us the 2nd lowest price quote. They refused to go any lower and I believe the Sales Manager didn't believe me when I told them I had a better quote at another dealership. I called his bluff and walked out. Called the other dealership and explained the situation, they lowered their price by another $100, so I took the deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whoops, forgot an important number!

2012 Odyssey EX, Polished Metal / Grey Interior
Purchased in Edmonton, Alberta in June, 2012
$34,730 all in, out the door, cash price
"Mandatory" accessories already installed by the dealer include: Block Heater ($184 retail), Rear Mudflaps ($108 retail). Locking Wheel Nuts ($131 retail), Security Etching ($399 retail - I actually didn't want this and got the dealer to subtract from the original quote they gave me, it was mandatory on all vehicles so I essentially view that this was free)
Optional accessories added on: Automatic Transmission Fluid Cooler ($387 retail plus $118 labour for install)
Total price above includes: Freight & PDI ($1,640), Federal Air Conditioning Excise Tax ($100), Alberta Tire Levy ($20), AMVIC Fee ($6.25) and 5% GST

If you take away all of the mandatory and optional accessories at retail price and the GST, the pre-tax total price works out to $32,148. (Yes, I realize that the dealership made money on the accessories as well.)

I used Car Cost Canada to get vehicle involce and then started negotiating over e-mail with all of the dealership in Northern Alberta. After obtaining quotes, we went into the dealership where we first test drove the Odyssey who had given us the 2nd lowest price quote. They refused to go any lower and I believe the Sales Manager didn't believe me when I told them I had a better quote at another dealership. I called his bluff and walked out. Called the other dealership and explained the situation, they lowered their price by another $100, so I took the deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Using Carsaver.ca, I got the following quote:

2012 Honda Odyssey

4dr Wgn EX$34,090
Total Options$100
Destination Freight Charge$1,640
Administration Fee (waived)$0
Tire Tax & OMVIC$35
Incentive for Cash Purchase *
-$2,000
Car Saver Discount-$1,800
SUBTOTAL BEFORE TAX[HR][/HR]$32,065
13% - HST$4,168
TOTAL[HR][/HR]$36,233

* Assumes cash purchase method for vehicle. Please contact us for a pricing update for finance and lease purchases.

Options Included:
Air Conditioning Tax$100
Truffle, Seat Trim$0

I passed that on to Florin from easycardiscount.ca and he offered "about $200 less." Seems they work on a finder's fee, so no cost for using these services.

As we aren't quite ready to buy yet we're waiting until September to see if any better factory incentives show up.

I have no financial interest in either of the companies listed above! :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
(re-post from the ultra-long pricing thread)

2012 Odyssey EX, Crystal Black Pearl / Truffle interior

31,943$ + tx OTD

Honda Canada currently has a few incentives for July: 2k$ rebate for cash buyers OR 0.99/36, 1.99/48, 2.99/60 financing.

Depending on what cash you bring to the table, there's a combo available where you can have your cake and eat it too: 2k$ rebate and 5.49/60 financing. For me, that ended up being 600$ cheaper for the total expense.

The price I got includes the 2k$ rebate, PDI (1,640$ up here) and a/c tax (100$).

I used a website called unhaggle.com to obtain the dealer invoice. Both carsavers.ca and carcostcanada.com had the same figure. While unhaggle offers a paid service to get bids from local dealer, in the free invoice report you get by email, they invite you to reply back with the amount of profit you would accept on top of that invoice figure. I tried with 500$, and to my surprise got a very polite reply that their partner dealer in my area could not match that offer, but did come up with a counter offer for 850$.

The rest was done over the phone with the local dealer, which turned out to be the fleet mngr for a large Montreal dealer group. No haggle needed!

The van is not in stock, but was found in another dealer's order sheet for August. It gets here mid-August.

Very clean 2003 EX for sale :)

Not included in the price are the accessories I'm deciding on - probable are: rear mudflaps, side mouldings and cargo net.
I had the mouldings installed by the dealership basically for warranty reasons, and, being a maniac for precision, I would have spent a ridiculous amount of time sticking them on and feeling anguish at being off by 1 mm. They were installed for the 282$ msrp.

Fellow canadians, for the rest of the accessories, take advantage of the new border tax exemptions, and take a trip to the US.

I bought the rear mudflaps and cargo net from bernardiparts.com, and had them delivered to a UPS store near the cottage we rented earlier this month. Paid 29.99$US for the rear mudguards instead of 108$cdn (you have to ask for the part # as the rear-only kit was not listed). Paid 44$ for the cargo net instead of 65$.

We're heading to Boston for the Labor Day weekend, and I have a few plans that involve a cargo tray, winter wheels+covers (or maybe a full Tire Rack pkg...) and I'm trying to decide on the foglights ... 291$US instead of 650$cdn.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the mouldings installed by the dealership basically for warranty reasons, and, being a maniac for precision, I would have spent a ridiculous amount of time sticking them on and feeling anguish at being off by 1 mm. They were installed for the 282$ msrp.

Fellow canadians, for the rest of the accessories, take advantage of the new border tax exemptions, and take a trip to the US.
I do all my Odyssey accessory shopping in the US, the Cdn prices are outrageous. Bought body side moulding for $150 from 1HondaParts.com and shipped to one of the many border town shipping places. Declared and no tax/duty. Took about 30min to install, the template supplied makes it extremely easy.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I do all my Odyssey accessory shopping in the US, the Cdn prices are outrageous. Bought body side moulding for $150 from 1HondaParts.com and shipped to one of the many border town shipping places. Declared and no tax/duty. Took about 30min to install, the template supplied makes it extremely easy.
Yep, I had seen that price, but after having dealer-installed mouldings peel off on a MPV, I figured letting them do it would give me peace of mind. I ordered a set of goodies that I will pick up in the US next week: a complete LX wheel kit for winter, plus the cargo tray. I let go the foglight idea - even at half off, they're still expensive and not essential. The Weather Tech floor liners are next - I will order from the Canadian website - US price diff was only 30$ before tx (shipping not included in the US price - you have to build a shopping cart to get it). Plus, I'm sure dw would be thrilled with me emptying the van and all 2nd row seats in the UPS store parking lot to install the mats ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
We are about to get in the game for a new Ody. Our 2003 only has 128,000 km on it but the ride is going, one lock isn't working and I gave it a bath today and found a few tiny rust spots starting around the back glass. Wife doesn't take care of it and the kids don't do the RES any more so likely just going for an LX or what ever goes for a base with leather now. (Back in 03 it was simple - 3 models and that was it). Great idea about the accessories via the USA. Buffalo is only an hour and there are several low cost shipping places right by the bridge. Did some early pricing and had to laugh, the Chrysler dealer across the street wanted about 1500 less for a loaded T&C vs a touring Honda. Didn't talke about pricing (this was window sticker) but the Chrysler would have to come down a ton to even be considered given the repair and resale values.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like now might be a good time to by a 2012, was just at Honda.ca and there are some new incentives on the 12 Odyssey - 2000 discount on the EX and Touring, 4000 discount on the LX. Thinking about driving to Lloydminster tomorrow to see if they can find a white LX. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got the Touring last week for our west coast trip, no problems with 4 adults and 2 kids. We got it for $46,900 OTD with roof rails and crossbar installed. We also got the weathertech mats from a local dealer in town for $300 +tax and just order new led lights for the interiors from amazon for $50 shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2012 Odyssey EX RES, Polished Metal Metallic
$32,169 + tax OTD, includes a/c tax, does not include accessories.

Looking forward to the new van, moving on from my 2003 EX. Hope to never have another Honda transmission rebuilt.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Haven't negotiated with any dealers yet. There looks to be 5 standard packages but what we are looking for is likely an EXL but without the RES which seems to be built in to deals. Anyone have experience with buying the standard EX and optioning leather without the other stuff?

Kids are 9 - 12 and we need the room to carry their friends and sports equipment. Don't need the bells an whistles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
EX RES $37000 OTD 2012 White diamond peral. Good deal I really don't know yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased Sept 19th, all prices CAD
LX
Price - 29,990.00
Destination - 1,640.00
Tow Package - 1,161.00
Bluetooth - 350.00
Air Tax - 100.00
Tire Tax - 20.00
AMVIC - 6.25
Acss Package (block heater, mud flaps, all weather mats, folding cargo mat,
locking wheel nuts) - 753.00 (there was a discount seen here)
Roof Rack (complete) - n/c
Factory Rebate - 4,000.00
GST - 1,501.01
OTD - 31,521.26

It went back to the dealer 2 days after I purchased it via tow truck. Aluminum washer on the block heater was deformed and had a slow coolant leak. It's all good now, very happy with purchase. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Odysseyman1, are you living in GTA? If so, do you mind to share the dealer info. with me plz~

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Odysseyman1, are you living in GTA? If so, do you mind to share the dealer info. with me plz~
Classic Honda in Brampton

Salesman Benny Antoni awesome guy very kind!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Touring using Unhaggle and got a really good price. Highly recommended. Don't remember exact price, but was under $50K OTD Tax in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts