Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Touring model, no satnav, when I click on the XM button it doesn't take me to channel zero to get the radio code to sign up. It actually makes the clock start flashing to change the time? All other buttons to go to CD, AM/FM work fine.

Any body come across this or have a fix? Otherwise I guess it's a visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The non-nav models do not have all the equipment for XM. It's "xm-ready" which means once you add the tuner and antenna it will work. Only the NAV models (which have an antenna for GPS/Sat already built in near the back hatch) come with fully working XM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm ok, thanks,......still a little confused, so what makes it XM ready then? If I still have to buy the xm head unit and the antenna anyway (that's all you need to listen to xm) doesn't everything just run through that or do you add the xm receiver and it hooks into the radio somehow and you control the channels from the main head unit?

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Hmmm ok, thanks,......still a little confused, so what makes it XM ready then? If I still have to buy the xm head unit and the antenna anyway (that's all you need to listen to xm) doesn't everything just run through that or do you add the xm receiver and it hooks into the radio somehow and you control the channels from the main head unit?
XM Ready would mean that when you get the XM Tuner and antenna, you connect it to the radio system and the radio will control the tuner and you get XM through the factory stereo system.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Basically if your unit was not XM radio ready you would either need an FM modulator which you would hook to the antenna input and you would have to tune your radio to a specific station to listen to XM or you would have to use an AUX input. In order to tune to the XM station you would have a separate display and controller that would be used for the XM stations.

If you have a XM ready radio then the factory headunit would allow you to change the station and also would display the current channel number. It also provides an extra input for the XM audio which you would not need to tune your FM radio or use up an AUX input for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, one last request, anybody have a part # to what I exactly need. I assume they sell a receiver/antenna package.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cheers, one last request, anybody have a part # to what I exactly need. I assume they sell a receiver/antenna package.

Thanks again!!!
Here is what I found:

XM Satellite Radio 08A15-EX5-000

XM Satellite Radio Attachment 08B15-SHJ-100

XM Satellite Radio Antenna 08A15-EX5-100B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts