Honda Odyssey Forum banner

PROBLEMS after getting new car battery -- No power doors, cannot lock doors unless engine is running; key fob has to touch the "on" button

660 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Hodna
I have a 2019 Honda Odyssey EX. Two days ago the battery died. AAA came out and replaced the battery. Since then we are having weird symptoms:
--No power doors (even with engine on)
--Cannot lock doors unless engine is running
--Key fob has to physically touch the "on" button to start the minivan

Today is Wednesday, and my family is moving to another state on Sunday, and I am extremely worried about this issue.

Has anyone else had this and/or been able to fix it? We called the company that installed the battery, but they have no idea what to do.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2019 Honda Odyssey EX. Two days ago the battery died. AAA came out and replaced the battery. Since then we are having weird symptoms:
--No power doors (even with engine on)
--Cannot lock doors unless engine is running
--Key fob has to physically touch the "on" button to start the minivan

Today is Wednesday, and my family is moving to another state on Sunday, and I am extremely worried about this issue.

Has anyone else had this and/or been able to fix it? We called the company that installed the battery, but they have no idea what to do.
The Key Fob symptom usually occurs when the REMOTE battery is weak. Have you had new Key Fob batteries installed. A 2019 should have needed them by now. I have replaced batteries in both my 2018 EX Remotes.

There is a switch to deactivate the power doors. Did it get changed during the battery swap out?

I have no idea on the door lock situation. There are a lot of settings related to door locking.

· Registered
2018 EX
2,515 Posts
You didn't mention if the door problems occur with the remote or the hard switches inside your van. If it's just with the remote, then the remote battery is too low. I agree with ddansb01 😉. I changed my 2018 EX battery a few years ago and did it myself. I was glad to see that the internal settings must have been stored in non-volatile memory because all my settings remained intact, unlike a lot of the earlier cars where the settings were usually lost.

Edit
For remote batteries, avoid the Dollar Store or other discount store batteries. Spend the extra dollar or two on quality batteries. The former only last about 2 or 3 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.