Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy - i'm new to the forum but have had my stinkin oddy for almost 2 years now (only 11K miles)and am ready to send it to the scrap dealer. i have been to 2 dealers and have talked with corporate customer service about recurring problems. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED ANY OF THESE?
- at 35 mph, my tranny shifts so hard (mainly upshift now, but in the past the downshift was so bad i thought the brakes were engaging by themselves)it is jolting and upsetting. sometimes the inertia of things inside the car causes them to fall off seats/center table the shift is so hard.
- at 1500 - 1750 rpm, there is a noticable engine noise right in front of the driver's side that sounds like air being sucked into a carb (yes, i know that is NOT a possible explanation on the oddy).
- when warmed up and braking moderately hard, the left front brake makes a horrible noise that sounds almost exactly like the noise disc brakes make with the rotor has about 1mm left on it.
- those damn auto doors - don't even get me started. they work when they freakin want to.
i am trying to scehdule a meeting with the honda regional manager, but so far nothing. i bought this van sight unseen and with no test drive based on honda's reputation (i am a very satisfied past and current acura owner), but this van is a pain in the rear.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OR INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THESE ISSUES, PLEASE PLEASE POST HERE SO I CAN SHOVE IT IN HONDA'S FACE.

thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Heya-

If you have a '99, you did unfortunately get a first year model with its share of problems. Most of your complaints are discussed in earlier threads. You can start by using the search utility, or you may have to set your preferences to see older threads.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had mine for more than two years now(70,000km)
-No tranny problems( I pull a 2000lb. pop up)
-No engine noise
-I've got the brake noise on the 2nd set of pads but not on the 1st.
-I don't have the auto doors but I've had my 10 year old son pull the sliding door handle right off when it sticks. I think the door problems are in the handle for me. The new handle works just fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've posted this before, but I'll do it again. Several of the 2000's had transmission problems. at 4K miles, mine began downshifting to 2nd instead of 1st when coming to a stop. As a result, I would be starting in 2nd, and it would feel like a kid learning to drive a stick, and occasionally would stall. I tried to manually downshift, but found I could not move the gearshift lever past Drive. My dealer contacted Honda and was told by them to replace it. No problems since then, except when it's cold, and I shift to reverse to back out of the garage, it sometimes shifts rather rough. I now have 20K miles.

·
Registered
196 Posts
- "at 1500 - 1750 rpm, there is a noticable engine noise right in front of the driver's side that sounds like air being sucked into a carb (yes, i know that is NOT a possible explanation on the oddy)".

Same problem on my 01 EX. I occurs after the engine is warmed up and happens any time the accellerator is pressed.

------------------
Tom
2001 SS EX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts