Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Honda?

After visiting and talking to numerous dealerships on the net, by fax and by email, I ordered a 2002 MB EXL-NAV on July 6 at a local dealership. I was told that I would get the van no later than October, but probably in September, 2001. The dealership informed me a few weeks ago that the order had gone in for October production and I should have the van anywhere between October 15 and November 10 (did not talk about the possibility of September, now that I had given my deposit and ordered the van through them!).

I just got a call saying that Honda had changed the order without informing the dealership why (they say this is the first time they have had this happen since 1999, when the current method of ordering Odysseys came into being) - they have got an allocation for a MB EX without leather or the Nav!

This is terrible especially since I sold my previous van 2 months ago. The dealer says they have talked to Honda's regional rep and others but have not come up with any answer on why this happened. They also do not know if they order again for November production if the same thing will happen! I believe this is a good dealership but am without words to express my disgust at Honda.

Has anyone heard of something similar? Any recommendations on what I can do (besides get a different vehicle, which I am now considering)?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You'll probably never know why the change was made, if it was a change and not a goof.

In any event, your best bet is probably to shop other dealerships. They may still have allocation units available to order or may have orders for vans that are not yet spoken for, either of which could mean a much earlier delivery.

Good luck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try some dealers in OHIO, INDIANA, etc.
Maybe they will discount the vehicle slightly to offset the cost of shipping

P

·
0 Posts
I know how you feel. Our dealer told us that they're having problems getting the new colors. And we just happened to have ordered a Redrock Pearl. Shoot.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon, it's been on order since March)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
157 Posts
viskha,

You have great taste in vehicles if I do say so myself!! I'm waiting on the exact same vehicle, though my order was placed early-mid August. I was told "sometime in October". I just hope they don't have issues building this combination . . . ie paint problems, ivory leather availibility, NAV issues, etc.

I'm impatiently awaiting my formal build / deliver date so that I can sell my van. So far they don't know anything specific. One other post suggested that all October build info will be released on Sept 20th. Here's hoping we both get ours soon!!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
205 Posts
I dont think its a Mesa Beige problem. I would say you have some shifty dealers or they just plain forgot you. I gave my dealer money in July also and my MB EXL-RES got in last week. I still dont have it-i will tomorrow-but its been in the Honda yard at the rail yard since last Monday.
I personally think your dealers boned you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by blakeinhou:
... my MB EXL-RES got in last week. I still dont have it-i will tomorrow-but its been in the Honda yard at the rail yard since last Monday.
</font>
What !!!
It's been there longer than it took to get it from Canada to Texas!?! Mine shows in Texas, but has ETA of Wednesday at the Pearland yard. I may have to find that rail yard and take my binoculars to see if I can see it if it takes that long to get to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lwaltz:
Mine shows in Texas, but has ETA of Wednesday at the Pearland yard.
I say we jump the fence and check that place out.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
http://www.odyclub.com/customer.html

</font>
Unfortunately the number listed for West Central Zone was wrong. Also, the guy at the Consumer Affairs number had no knowledge of how an Odyssey is ordered (said I have to take what is allocated to me and the dealer cannot let me choose any options!) - and he would NOT let me talk to his supervisor. Absolutely horrible Honda service!!

[This message has been edited by viskha (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pearland must be like a black hole! Tracking said mine arrived there last Thurs. at 5:30 AM, but still no Ody. Dealer called me and said he checked with them today. Said he was asking why it took so long to get out of Pearland. Said he's been assured it will be here tomorrow, and I'll be driving it home!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
viskha,

You have great taste in vehicles if I do say so myself!! I'm waiting on the exact same vehicle, though my order was placed early-mid August. I was told "sometime in October". I just hope they don't have issues building this combination . . . ie paint problems, ivory leather availibility, NAV issues, etc.

I'm impatiently awaiting my formal build / deliver date so that I can sell my van. So far they don't know anything specific. One other post suggested that all October build info will be released on Sept 20th. Here's hoping we both get ours soon!!

</font>
Do let me know if you hear anything on your vehicle (I agree this is a great selection/combination of options). So far Honda has been playing ignorant and says there is no problem - just that dealers are not always given the cars they "request" (they claim dealers can request options but cannot "order" them, even though I have talked to other dealers and they claim they can "guarantee" options I ask for). It seems Honda is really jerking me around.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by viskha:
Unfortunately the number listed for West Central Zone was wrong. </font>
So what's the correct number?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Often the cars get dumped at the rail yard and have to wait for multiple cars to travel to the same dealer or area. The turckers will not haul one or two vehicles. They have to have a full load so it can sometimes take weeks to make it from the yard to the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
So what's the correct number?

</font>
Do not have one (wish I did). Honda will not give the number out (they say the number for local regional reps is private) - I am extremely disappointed with Honda's response but it appears there is nothing I can do!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've seen (3) truckloads of Hondas unloaded at dealer since mine arrived in "The Black Hole Yard." Many of those were made in Canada, but, no Ody's included. Wonder why no Ody's????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ureka! The black hole emits! My Ody arrived at dealer late this afternoon. Could pick it up tonite, but want to exam SS paint job in sunlight, so I'll wait til tomorrow AM to get it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IT'S A MIRACLE!!
My dealer called this afternoon to say he has located the exact van I am looking for at another dealership (that had not sold it as yet) - they agreed to exchange vans. My dealer says my van will be manufactured between Oct. 6 & 8 and will be delivered between Oct. 18 & 20.
I'm not sure what did it - I called Honda and faxed them numerous times with no response. Maybe my dealer actually tried real hard - in any case, this is good.
Thanks to all for your input!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was told today that my dealer is trying to make "special arrangements" to get my van by the end of September!! I hope they are not just getting my hopes up.

I highly doubt that they are able to get priority status in the build que . . . they may be also trying to trade with other dealers. It seems that there is less demand for the NAV . . . maybe there is a dealer out there that was "allocated" a MB EXL NAV who feels he can't sell it & would rather have a SS or GG EXL RES. Who knows!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
It seems that there is less demand for the NAV . . . maybe there is a dealer out there that was "allocated" a MB EXL NAV who feels he can't sell it & would rather have a SS or GG EXL RES. Who knows!

</font>
That is the exact reason I was given to get my van in about 5 weeks!

[This message has been edited by viskha (edited 09-12-2001).]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts