Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I have seen a few messages about problems obtaining the Havasu Blue in 2002. But yesterday when we went to a dealer in Maryland, looking for a 2003 EX in Havasu Blue, the dealer told me that Honda has discovered a problem with the paint, and has severely cut back on Odysseys in this color until the problem can be fixed. We were told that it would take at least 6 months to get the HB (and even this was a "maybe").

Is this fact or fiction??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Havasu Blue

A dealer in our area had a 2003 Havasu Blue Odyssey but sold it before I could buy it. Another dealer called me about the paint problem too. I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am also hunting for a HB - no luck so far. There seemsto be a few people who have seen a 2003 HB or have one on order.

It will be interesting to see who else has heard about a paint problem.

Which plant(s) were producing HB Odysseys in the past? If the HB was only produced in Ontario - and production has moved to Alabama - maybe they are having problems with the HB paint in Alabama. This is a pure guess, maybe someone has concrete information.

JCPZero

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to fellow member Bob Dubois, he just picked a HB that was made in Canada.

If the HB color is only available from Canada, this partially explains the extremely limited number as the Canada plant produces much fewer Odysseys than Alabama.

I wonder if the paint problem is outfitting the Alabama Plant - or something in general about the paint itself?

Or maybe there is no paint problem and that is just an excuse???

JCPZero

·
Registered
10 Posts
What paint problems are dealers talking about. I had my 02 HB in May, and hasn't seen any problem with paint.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had my 2002 HB since May and haven't noticed any problems, either (it was made in Canada). I suspect the "paint problem" is probably similar to the SS paint problem that has been discussed at length on the Problems and Concerns board. One of the links is http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8160&highlight=paint+problem. If you search for "paint problem" in Problems and Concerns you'll undoubtedly find more. I believe some people even predicted a problem with HB because it was a metallic color like SS.

·
Registered
113 Posts
No problems on mine, purchased in May, and made in Canada.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is canada also. The only thing I have noticed is the extreme weakness to dimples and scratches on the bumper, but I think that is universal. Maybe they will stop making alll the false color names and rename them, like aqua silver sheen, ba ha ha...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a problem with the HB I had ordered in July, it came in with simular problems as listed with the SS. We did not take delivery of the vehicle, and had a new HB a month later with no paint issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did a search under paint problem and only noticed posts that the problem occured on the SS. Is this problem limited to SS - or have other colors been affected? The above post mentions problems with the HB paint.

The next color on our list is the RRP - any problems with that paint color?

Although we love the HB color - I hate to wait forever to get one, and worry there might be a paint problem.

JCPZero

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was told (only after putting the deposit down) Honda wouldn't even let the dealer order one so I had to bail to my 2nd color choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
PipeMajor said:
I was told (only after putting the deposit down) Honda wouldn't even let the dealer order one so I had to bail to my 2nd color choice.
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you and HB. But I'm sure you will be happy with SM:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an '02 HB Odyssey from Canada. No problems with the paint so far. We really like the color. Someone put deep key scratches in the rear quarter panel and sliding door which my local paint shop did a beautiful job of repainting. What color is SS? and what kind of problem is there with it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts