Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own Honda Odyssey 2015 which I purchased certified in 2017. I'm now selling this car to a private owner and would like to transfer the remaining Power train Warranty (7 year/100,000 miles) to the new owner. I have records of the maintenance. I read the CPO booklet and it says that warranty is transferable. I called the dealer from with I bought the car and it says that CPO is not transferable. Who is right?

Can you help me to clean the confusion.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hello, I own Honda Odyssey 2015 which I purchased certified in 2017. I'm now selling this car to a private owner and would like to transfer the remaining Power train Warranty (7 year/100,000 miles) to the new owner. I have records of the maintenance. I read the CPO booklet and it says that warranty is transferable. I called the dealer from with I bought the car and it says that CPO is not transferable. Who is right?

Can you help me to clean the confusion.
dealers sell warranties... Honda America honors them.

contact headquarters and get the straight answer.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
468 Posts
I'm pretty sure that CPO warranties, which as Ticket mentioned are honored by Honda corporate, ARE fully transferable (especially if the CPO booklet says so). The dealer has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
There was another poster on here recently that said the dealer was trying to sell them a warranty on a CPO that already had extended warranty.

guess its all gravy to the dealer, if someone falls for it and pays for an existing transferable warranty tied to the VIN...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
There was another poster on here recently that said the dealer was trying to sell them a warranty on a CPO that already had extended warranty.

guess its all gravy to the dealer, if someone falls for it and pays for an existing transferable warranty tied to the VIN...
Actually, the extended warranties that dealer's sell sometimes have more/longer coverage than the CPO. Like extending the 12/12 bumper-to-bumper to 36/36 or changing the 7 year from vehicle in-service date to 7 years from date of the warranty purchase, etc.

I'm not advising for or against buying an extra warranty on a CPO vehicle, just pointing out that an additional warranty may not simply be a duplication of CPO coverage. You gotta read the fine print.

Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Actually, the extended warranties that dealer's sell sometimes have more/longer coverage than the CPO. Like extending the 12/12 bumper-to-bumper to 36/36 or changing the 7 year from vehicle in-service date to 7 years from date of the warranty purchase, etc.

I'm not advising for or against buying an extra warranty on a CPO vehicle, just pointing out that an additional warranty may not simply be a duplication of CPO coverage. You gotta read the fine print.
objectivity is a virtue...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dealers sell warranties... Honda America honors them.

contact headquarters and get the straight answer.
This was a good advice! I have called corporate Honda and was able to confirm that warranty can be transferred, despite the claim by multiple dealers that it cannot.

Here is what Honda Corporate told me:

Have new owner dial 800-999-5901 with the proof of purchase to complete the transfer of remaining certified warranty.

Thank you

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
Aside from the directions from Honda Corporate, I think such a warranty is tied to the VIN number of the vehicle itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts