·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah after some research it looks like I can use truck bags on the rear. Also I have a heard that there issue strut that is like hydraulics but uses are. Just dropped the van off for paint. Going with the flat black primer till I get the h22 in. I still have to inspect the motor and do some adjustments to it and then install it. I will post pics tonight of the van, wheels and motor. Then after Christmas I will post pics of it primed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I think I am going to just lower the van on springs. Because I need an alignment and I will do airbags later if I think I need them.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
725 Posts
is that h22 a jdm or a h22a4 askin befor you get some issues
your van is obd II so it has a crank and tdc on the crankshaft and not inthe distributor .. you will need a h22a4 motor for just drop in ...
if not h22a4 or it is jdm you will need to swap oilpumps.....
if you need help or more info pm me

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
What is the difference or benefit in getting the H22A4 or the H23 motors, one over the other?

Don't both drop in with 98 mounts? Both obdii engines? Which is easier? Cheaper?

·
Registered
725 Posts
h23 better for low end ... both drop in but will need the 96- prelude drivers side mount cut to fit our van ...
only issue is the obdII vertion is the two sensors on the crankshaft ... if he useing a obdI motor he will not have the two sensors his van needs to run due to being a 96(obdII).. he could rewire the obdI distributor seen in the pic to work with his van but then would need jumper to use the obdI p13 ecu to run.... if he used the stock ecu obdII ecu and rewired the obdI distributor it would run for about 1 month or just till the ignighter burnd out in the distributor or the ecu would burn ...

cheaper is the h23 from a 96 if you can find one for obdII 96-98 odyssey.
95 obdI odyssey any motor is cheaper

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i am just going to rewire it. Its not that hard really. I am also going to use a p28 from an auto.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
overboostin said:
both drop in but will need the 96- prelude drivers side mount cut to fit our van ...
Could you explain this a little more.

·
Registered
725 Posts
j0shth3j3w said:
yeah i am just going to rewire it. Its not that hard really. I am also going to use a p28 from an auto.
yea the rewire is not hard at all..

the drivers side motor mount.. you can use the stock one but only one bolt will line up... or get mount from 92-96 prelude and trim off 1/2 inch on the mount it self where the bolt goes threw for the body braket. (same process as putting a h22 into a 94-97 accord

the auto p28 not sure on outcome you will get... seen some good outcomes with the p72 ls auto ecu chiped to vtec and tuned on the van.. but if you are going to go obdI with jumper and auto.
you will need the obdIIa to obdI jumper for auto and also need the tcu for the accord or prelude/95 odyssey , to be used with witch ever obdI ecu you chose...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
oh yeah good point didn't even think about having to switch the tcu. Well I will post the outcome. But here are some updated pics...

when I picked it up from the painter.

Then today to work off all the food we at my buddy and I decided to lower it with accord springs in the front and cut the rears 4"s....

Before...

after...

·
Registered
55 Posts
looking good hows the ride after the cut ... im in nyc so driveability is real important ....... what color u plan on going with or are u staying matt black and going for the murderout look ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would never recommend cutting springs. It doesn't ride bad. I am going with tea green off the element or crv.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cut rear feels pretty bouncy, looks stupid when you hit a large ramp type bumps on the freeway.

I am running H&R Race springs up front and in the rear I use cut springs. I bought the Firestone rear air bags to stiffen up the rear with about 25psi. Fixed the bouncy problem and the rear can haul more weight without sagging.

If you are going to run cut springs at least use the bags. They correct the wack spring rates of cutting them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts