Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow Nice!, I know of places where they do that as well (not in the US). I believe you loose some power through, same some pics of ur installation. Having the tank inside the cabin does it smell like propane?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Nice!, I know of places where they do that as well (not in the US). I believe you loose some power through, same some pics of ur installation. Having the tank inside the cabin does it smell like propane?
IF EVERYTHING IS RIGHT TO INSTALL NO ODOR.
POWER IS NOT LOST AT PROPANE ACTAN NUMBER ABOVE
Interesting.. Any power difference? What else you had to do to make it work?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
591 Posts
Can you show some pictures in the engine compartment? even if it is feasible, safety laws in western countries will probably make the hack illegal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see gas conversions in a lot of countries for various cars/vans, etc.
Unfortunately in the US can't find too many places that can do the conversion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[QUOTE = "celicool, post: 2353286, member: 824433"]
Можете показать несколько картинок в моторном отсеке? даже если это осуществимо, законы безопасности в западных странах, вероятно, сделают взлом незаконным.
[/ QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
[QUOTE = "celicool, post: 2353286, member: 824433"]
Можете показать несколько картинок в моторном отсеке? даже если это осуществимо, законы безопасности в западных странах, вероятно, сделают взлом незаконным.
[/ QUOTE]
Wow! talking about re-engineering the whole concept of piston engine. Do you know what sensors they have to disable to make it work? Would this be a green vehicle because the only thing come out of that muffler is H2O. Right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[QUOTE = "celicool, post: 2353541, member: 824433"]
Вау! речь идет о переделке всей концепции поршневого двигателя. Знаете ли вы, какие датчики они должны отключить, чтобы он работал? Будет ли это зеленый автомобиль, потому что из этого глушителя выходит только H2O. Правильно?
[/ QUOTE]
Yes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seems that post owner is using translator for conversations. Very difficult to get the point across.
These LPG conversions are very popular in Europe and Russia, as the LPG is cheaper even if you consume it a bit more, with modern LPG computers
car can even gain some horsepower. Smell and Honda engines not liking LPG is old myth, not present with modern systems.
They even have some valve oiling systems.

Only thing what I have heard is that LPG tends to get valves out of adjustment sooner.
And then if you start to hear valve noises it is too late. Regular valve adjustment is very important.

Other than those ugly LPG balloons and less kilometers that can be driven per fill, it is nice non fossil burning option.
Some hide balloon in lazy susan compartment, and maybe one could be had in spare tire place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts