Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering lowering my 09 ody exl .would use new front struts eBay . And new eBay rear shocks for a 07 and replace spring that come with new struts and springs already in can with h&r lowering springs what problems has any encountered by lowering Odyssey or maybe benefits. Please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I also worry about weight issue I have 3 boys under 6 and me my wife and her mom all sometimes ride in it but most of time just us minus mother inlaw

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No clue .I had convertible 69 Catalina and convertible 67lemans before kids I like to mod my rides . All I got now is a van . So right now it's all about the odylifestyle and kids lol.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
I've been considering lowering my 09 ody exl .would use new front struts eBay . And new eBay rear shocks for a 07 and replace spring that come with new struts and springs already in can with h&r lowering springs what problems has any encountered by lowering Odyssey or maybe benefits. Please let me know thanks.
Told you H&R is the way to go. OEM ride quality. When you take sharp turns and push it hard, then you'll only feel the improved difference.

Don't use ebay shocks. Use at least KYB.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you did . I will look into kyb is there any way to lower vehicle but make rear a little bit more ridged for when van is loaded with family.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'm very aware unfortunately. I threw some cardone new on both sides and it help greatly. Also I tightened my subframe bolts . I still have a very slight vib at 70 . Gonna take it by my works Honda dealership before I do all this . I fear it maybe my torque converter. Just because I got my van at 185k I immediately muzzled it . But it may have been to late for torque converter I think just cuz it went that long with out being muzzled. Do you have any insight on that department of diagnosis. What I end up doing with your vib problem?

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Don't take it to the dealership, they'll just take you on the parts cannon roller coaster ride. Since you work there (right?) I guess you could, up to you.

I'm still chasing my vibration issue. Lately weather doesn't permit tinkering around the garage.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My cannon is running low on ammo lol . I feel I've replaced all common suspects. Though haven't done struts or bearings . Just want a different perspective from someone that sees this stuff on the dayly . Though I've read some horror story's of people taking dealer advice and still not fixed . So we will see but with what I know I feel id be better prepared to deal with there diag process than the average Joe that doesn't work on cars . Who knows. It worth a shot . I was able to do road force on my 20s and was able to get my rf wheel from excessive at 43lbs to 20 . My goal is to try to get them all to single digits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts