Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver one, all they had, except white with with a beige interior -no thanks. So, silver with gray, much like my 06. Paid $35061, OTD and got $13000 for my trade at Immke Honda in northwest Columbus.

Anyway, having trouble programming the door locks to unlock all doors when I park. I'm following the directions in the manual to a T, I think, but I can't get it to work. Anyone with any suggestions?

·
Registered
196 Posts
My wife did it, so there must not have been much trickery to it :p. Here's the instructions, again, but it sounds like you're already following them.

To program the Park Unlock mode:
Unlocks the driver’s door or all doors and tailgate when the shift lever is moved into the Park (P) position with the brake pedal depressed.

1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park (P) position.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.

3. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a click. Continue to hold down the switch:

- Until you hear another click (after about 5 seconds) to activate driver’s door unlock feature.

- Or, until you hear two more clicks (after about 10 seconds) to activate all doors and tailgate unlock feature.

4. Release the switch, and within 20 seconds, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Congratulations on the new Ody. What was the mileage on the 06?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Lori, congrats on the purchase. I am looking at the same vehicle as you. a 2011 Ody RES Silver in colour. They want me to pay $35k plus tax here in Ottawa Canada. But they admitted there is room for negotiations. :)

I wanted to ask you since you might be from the U.S. does your RES come with a Cool box in it ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
derek234 said:
I wanted to ask you since you might be from the U.S. does your RES come with a Cool box in it ?
Thanks.
All EX-L trim levels and above come with the Cool Box in the U.S.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cntrtwnltd said:
Congratulations on the new Ody. What was the mileage on the 06?
I had 73,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
derek234 said:

Thanks.
Yes to the cool box, but I had to laugh when a statement describing it made it very clear that it was NOT a refrigerator. And that fuel economy might be reduced because the AC compressor is running all the time when the box is on. I got a chuckle out of that.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
lori_cohen said:
Yes to the cool box, but I had to laugh when a statement describing it made it very clear that it was NOT a refrigerator.
I guess it is Honda's response to the McDonald's "caution, contents may be hot" lawsuit disclaimer. Never underestimate consumers in the US ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yay, I got the doors and locks programmed. I must have previously missed something. And, surprisingly, the HomeLink was waaaaay easier than on the '06. I have 2 separate garage doors but no problems, just "learn and go". :rockon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts