Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am considering the purchase of a 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L that was in a rear-end collision. The van has been repaired now and it is hard to tell from the photos that it was ever in an accident. I purchased a report to access photos of the pre-repair damage (see link below) from the insurance auction listing. Does this damage look repairable? Should I even consider buying this vehicle? Anything in particular that I should look out for? The van basically looks new in the sale pictures that I have.

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wouldn’t buy it if you are looking to drive it. It’s front wheel drive so all of those important, expensive components should be fine. But the damage is of so many different major sections in the back, it doesn’t look like it would be cost effective to fix all of those and who knows how well it would all seal backup if you could find those parts reasonably and rewelded

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hello,

I am considering the purchase of a 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L that was in a rear-end collision. The van has been repaired now and it is hard to tell from the photos that it was ever in an accident. I purchased a report to access photos of the pre-repair damage (see link below) from the insurance auction listing. Does this damage look repairable? Should I even consider buying this vehicle? Anything in particular that I should look out for? The van basically looks new in the sale pictures that I have.

Any advice would be appreciated!
always depends on the price... anyone can compromise for the right price.
and remember that the rebuilt title sticks with the vehicle forever, so your resale value is diminished as well.
If you plan on keeping the van until it goes to the scrap yard, then this is a non issue.

the pictures look like the majority of the damage was hatch and rear frame, bumper support and tub.
almost like it rolled backwards into a tree, or was hit by a motorcycle.

the quarter panels are untouched, along with any of the sensitive components behind those rear quarter panels.
which is GOOD.

this was a significant repair however, with lots of metal replaced and welding.
factory seam sealer and welds are always better than repaired ones, and corrosion is always worse on repaired vehicles.

seen it time and again up here in the north.

another thing to note is Honda will not warranty anything with a rebuilt title including TSB's if im not mistaken, so you're on your own there too.

this really has to be a great deal to even consider IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts