Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I will be purchasing a Certified Preowned 2008 Touring this week, and had a quick question.

Before I pay the Honda dealer, I will be looking over the van one more time for anything missing that comes standard for this model.
The question is, if their is anything missing, like floor mats, headphones, etc., are they suppose to supply them to me?

I have tried to search for the answers via the search feature, but was unable to find an answer.

Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I think with a used car there is nothing "supposed" to be with the car - what you see is what you get. That said if you are buying from a dealer I would think they could supply anything as a negotiating point. I think a full set of mats (all 3 rows), 2 keys, 1 valet key (grey), 2 remotes (or were the remotes integrated?), and 2 sets of headphones were "standard".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure that since the car is Certified Preowned, whether or not all "standard" equipment is suppose come with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke with Honda Corporate. The gentleman I spoke to, confirmed that all standard equipment that came with the car when new, is also suppose to be supplied with the car used. This is only if the car is being sold as a Certified Preowned Honda.

I hope this information helps others who are also planning to buy Certified.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would also make sure it comes with the little middle seat in the middle row.
Yep. The little Plus One seat is there. Spoke to the dealer today, and he assured me that all the standard equipment will be with the car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So, did you end up buying it? Did you get everything you expected?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I know I'm a little late to this party, but also make sure they supply you with the radio code.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, did you end up buying it? Did you get everything you expected?
Yep. We picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Everything that was supposed to be with van was all there. The only issue we have is that the windshield is cracked, and they promised to fix or replace it, depending on their third party glass guy.

The radio and navi code was supplied as well. :)

Love the Odyssey. I even found out that it corners very well, as a Con Edison truck decided my little van was unimportant to him. I had to accelerate and cut around him to avoid him. The van stayed firm to the pavement, and there was barely any body roll. After that experience, I now understand why so many people love the Odyssey.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts